How to Add “God Mode” Shortcut in My Computer Context Menu in Windows 7 and Later?
As you all know "God Mode" in Windows 7 and later allows quick access to all Control Panel options in a single place.
To access this hidden "God Mode" you have to create a new folder or a new shortcut but today in this tutorial, we are going to tell you how to add a shortcut to "God Mode" in My Computer context menu so that you can quickly and easily access it by right-clicking on My Computer icon and selecting "God Mode" option.
Following are the required steps:
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start Menu search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to:
3. Now we'll need to create a new key under "Shell" key. Right-click on "Shell" key and select "New -> Key". Give the new key any desired name e.g. "GodMode" (without quotes).
PS: If you receive error message while creating new key, take ownership of the "Shell" key with the help of following tutorial:
4. Now in right-side pane, change value of "Default" to your desired name which you want to show in Desktop context menu. We have chosen God Mode in our example.
5. Now right-click on the new key which we created in step 3, e.g. GodMode and select "New -> Key". Give the new key name of command.
6. In right-side pane, change value of "Default" to:
7. To set an icon for the shortcut, select the key created in Step 3 and in right-side pane, create a new String value "Icon". Set its value to your desired icon. We have set it to control.exe in our example to show Control panel icon for it.
8. That's it. Now you can have "God Mode" shortcut with an icon in My Computer context menu.
PS. If you want a ready-made registry script to do the task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and run the desired REG file:
- How to Pin "God Mode" Shortcut to Taskbar?
- How to Add "God Mode" Shortcut in Desktop Context Menu?
- How to Add "God Mode" Icon in Control Panel and My Computer Window?
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Windows 10 Bug] Internet Explorer Still Points to Classic Windows Update’s WUApp.exe File
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 Available for Download
- ViStart: Best Free Start Menu Alternative for Windows
- Play Popular Game “Angry Birds” on Any Website Using Your Web Browser
- How to Restrict Users from Deleting Cookies, Temporary Files and Other Browsing History Data in Internet Explorer?
- How to Add “God Mode” Shortcut in Desktop Context Menu in Windows 7 and Later?