We have talked about "God Mode" found in Windows 7 which allows quick access to all Control Panel options in a single place.
To access this hidden "God Mode" you have to create a new folder or a new shortcut but today in this tutorial, we are going to tell you how to add a shortcut to "God Mode" in Desktop context menu so that you can quickly and easily access it by right-clicking on Desktop and selecting "God Mode" option.
Following are the required steps:
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start Menu search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to:
3. Now we'll need to create a new key under "Shell" key. Right-click on "Shell" key and select "New -> Key". Give the new key any desired name e.g. "GodMode" (without quotes).
4. Now in right-side pane, change value of "Default" to your desired name which you want to show in Desktop context menu. We have chosen God Mode in our example.
5. Now right-click on the new key which we created in step 3, e.g. GodMode and select "New -> Key". Give the new key name of command.
6. In right-side pane, change value of "Default" to:
7. To set an icon for the shortcut, select the key created in Step 3 and in right-side pane, create a new String value "Icon". Set its value to your desired icon. We have set it to control.exe in our example to show Control panel icon for it.
To set its position in the context menu, create a new String value "Position" and set its value to:
Top (To show it at top)
Bottom (To show it at bottom)
8. That's it. Now you can have "God Mode" shortcut with an icon in Desktop context menu.
PS. If you want a ready-made registry script to do the task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and run the desired REG file:
- How to Pin Windows 7 "God Mode" Shortcut to Taskbar?
- How to Add Windows 7 "God Mode" Shortcut in My Computer Context Menu?
- How to Add Windows 7 "God Mode" Icon in Control Panel and My Computer Window?
Other similar articles that may interest you
- MetroBackUp: Free Utility with Metro UI to Keep Directories in Sync
- Download Mac OS X “Mountain Lion” Look-Like Login Screen for Windows XP
- Official Link to Download Google Chrome Full Standalone Offline Installer
- How to Re-Download Windows 8 Setup Without Purchasing it Again Using Upgrade Assistant?
- Download TwentyTen (Microsoft Office 2010 Inspired) Theme for Mozilla Firefox
- How to Enable and Use Google Multiple Sign-in Feature?