How to Add “God Mode” Shortcut in Desktop Context Menu in Windows 7 and Later?
We have talked about "God Mode" found in Windows 7 and later which allows quick access to all Control Panel options in a single place.
To access this hidden "God Mode" you have to create a new folder or a new shortcut but today in this tutorial, we are going to tell you how to add a shortcut to "God Mode" in Desktop context menu so that you can quickly and easily access it by right-clicking on Desktop and selecting "God Mode" option.
Following are the required steps:
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start Menu search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to:
3. Now we'll need to create a new key under "Shell" key. Right-click on "Shell" key and select "New -> Key". Give the new key any desired name e.g. "GodMode" (without quotes).
4. Now in right-side pane, change value of "Default" to your desired name which you want to show in Desktop context menu. We have chosen God Mode in our example.
5. Now right-click on the new key which we created in step 3, e.g. GodMode and select "New -> Key". Give the new key name of command.
6. In right-side pane, change value of "Default" to:
7. To set an icon for the shortcut, select the key created in Step 3 and in right-side pane, create a new String value "Icon". Set its value to your desired icon. We have set it to control.exe in our example to show Control panel icon for it.
To set its position in the context menu, create a new String value "Position" and set its value to:
Top (To show it at top)
Bottom (To show it at bottom)
8. That's it. Now you can have "God Mode" shortcut with an icon in Desktop context menu.
PS. If you want a ready-made registry script to do the task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and run the desired REG file:
- How to Pin "God Mode" Shortcut to Taskbar?
- How to Add "God Mode" Shortcut in My Computer Context Menu?
- How to Add "God Mode" Icon in Control Panel and My Computer Window?
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Microsoft Confirms Windows 8 Will Come Bundled With Windows Media Center
- Download Official PRODUCT (RED) Suite, Control Panel and CPU Meter Gadgets for Windows Vista and 7 Sidebar
- [FIX] Access Denied! Website Blocked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus due to Dangerous Content
- FoxE9: Download Add-on to Make Mozilla Firefox Look-Like Internet Explorer 9 (IE9)
- How to Get XP Style Classic “Network Connections” Back in Control Panel in Windows Vista and Later?
- Enable Hidden Secret “Debug” Menu in Microsoft “FreeCell” Game in Windows Vista and 7