Host Mechanic: Freeware to Edit, Delete or Restore Hosts File in Windows
Recently we posted a tutorial for restoring default Hosts file in Windows operating system:
The above tutorial helps you in resetting content of Hosts file to default in case the file becomes corrupt or deleted accidentally.
Now we are going to share a freeware to do the task automatically with many more advanced features.
"Host Mechanic" is a free software for Windows which allows you to edit, delete or restore default Hosts file in Windows. This free tool can be used in Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and later.
With the help of this tool, you can add new website IP address, URL easily and quickly to Hosts file. The tool also allows you to delete or restore default Hosts file using a single click.
This small utility is portable so you don't need to install it. Simply download and run the EXE file. You can also carry it on your USB drive.
You can download it using following link:
Thanks to AskVG reader "Hackerpunk1" for creating and sharing the tool with us.
Please feel free to post your feedback and suggestions in your comment...
NOTE: Some new and not very popular security software might show malware warning message when you try to download or run this software. Please ignore the message, its a false positive. Since this tool tries to modify system file, the security software incorrectly detects it as suspicious item. The software is absolutely safe to use.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Bypass or Completely Disable Start Screen in Microsoft Office 2013 Applications?
- How to Select Multiple Tiles and Show Bottom App Bar on Start Screen in Windows 8.1 Update 1?
- Download Windows 7 Free Public Beta
- nLite: Freeware to Integrate Service Packs, Drivers and Create Unattended Bootable ISO of Windows XP
- [Fix] Can’t Install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 8 and Later
- UAC Tweak: Small Utility to Tweak UAC (User Account Control) Settings in Windows