Host Mechanic: Freeware to Edit, Delete or Restore Hosts File in Windows
Recently we posted a tutorial for restoring default Hosts file in Windows operating system:
The above tutorial helps you in resetting content of Hosts file to default in case the file becomes corrupt or deleted accidentally.
Now we are going to share a freeware to do the task automatically with many more advanced features.
"Host Mechanic" is a free software for Windows which allows you to edit, delete or restore default Hosts file in Windows. This free tool can be used in Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and later.
With the help of this tool, you can add new website IP address, URL easily and quickly to Hosts file. The tool also allows you to delete or restore default Hosts file using a single click.
This small utility is portable so you don't need to install it. Simply download and run the EXE file. You can also carry it on your USB drive.
You can download it using following link:
Thanks to AskVG reader "Hackerpunk1" for creating and sharing the tool with us.
Please feel free to post your feedback and suggestions in your comment...
NOTE: Some new and not very popular security software might show malware warning message when you try to download or run this software. Please ignore the message, its a false positive. Since this tool tries to modify system file, the security software incorrectly detects it as suspicious item. The software is absolutely safe to use.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Windows 10 Start Menu] Review, Tips-n-Tricks and Customization
- Is Your PC Ready for Windows 8? Check Yourself Using Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant
- Windows 10 Now Available for Download and Free Upgrade
- How to Enable / Show Menu Bar Permanently in Microsoft Internet Explorer?
- How to Enable / Disable “New -> Shortcut” Item in Windows Context Menu?
- [Software Update] Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) Now Available for Download for Windows 7 Users