Google has announced a new service "Google Takeout" which allows you to export / backup your Google Data easily and quickly.
Here is what the official announcement says:
Since we began in 2007, the Data Liberation Front has been focused on one thing: making it easier for you to take your data in and out of Google. Our first step was to make it easier to get your data out of our products, one product at a time. While we've made great progress on this front, we've been on the lookout for even better ways to let you take your data out of Google.
Today we're pleased to announce the Data Liberation Front's first revolutionary product: Google Takeout.
Google Takeout lets you take your data out of multiple Google products in one fell swoop. Moreover, you'll find that all your data is in portable and open formats‚ so it's easy to import to other services quickly.
Today, we're launching with five products:
- Contacts and Circles
- Picasa Web Albums
These are just the beginning: we will be adding more Google products as time goes on, so stay tuned.
You can access Google Takeout using following link:
Posted in: Emails & Messengers
Other similar articles that may interest you
- CheckDrive: Freeware to Scan and Fix Hard Drive Crash and Errors
- Get Glass CMD (Command Prompt) in Windows XP
- Host Mechanic: Freeware to Edit, Delete or Restore Hosts File in Windows
- Create Simple Script to Show / Hide File Extensions in Windows
- Enable “Pin to Start Menu” Option for Folders in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Get Windows Vista Look-Like MSPaint in Windows XP