Get Windows 7 Calculator Working in Windows Vista
As you know Windows 7 contains a new redesigned Calculator which has new GUI and new options. You can get more information about it in following topic:
If you can't use Windows 7 but like the new Calculator, then you can get the same calculator working in Windows Vista.
Windows 7 calculator has been ported to Windows Vista and now it works absolutely fine in Vista without any problem, so you can enjoy the fully functional Windows 7 calculator in your Vista.
UPDATE: A new version of Calculator app has been released which works in both Windows XP and Vista. You can download it using following link:
Once you download ZIP file, extract it and run the "calc.exe" file.
If you want to replace the default calculator with this new one, then replace following existing files with the new ones:
That's it. Now you can enjoy the new Windows 7 calculator in Vista.
PS: You'll need to take ownership of both files before replacing them. Visit following tutorial:
Posted in: Windows Vista
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Default Programs Editor: Yet Another Free Alternative to Windows Default File Type Option
- How to Get Blue Toolbar Color Back in Microsoft Office 2003 While Using 3rd Party Themes in Windows XP?
- [Windows 10 Tip] Remove Icons from Navigation Pane of This PC
- How to Customize Default Places Bar in Windows Common File Dialog Box?
- How to Enable Titlebar Text and Icon and Put Tabs on Bottom in Mozilla Firefox 28 and Later?
- Roadkil Unstoppable Copier: Copy Your Important Data from Physically Damaged Disks