VistaGlazz: Get Transparent Titlebar and Taskbar in Maximized Windows
You might have noticed that when we maximize a window in Windows Vista, it loses its transparency. When the window is not maximized, the window titlebar features Aero glass effect but as soon as we maximize the window, the titlebar becomes black and we don't get the Aero glass effect.
Many people want the transparency affect even in maximized windows. If you also want it, following freeware will help you:
You can use a utility VistaGlazz to enable Aero glass transparency in maximized windows in Windows Vista.
Just follow these simple instructions:
1. First download and install VistaGlazz:
Download VistaGlazz (no longer available...)
2. Now run it, accept the agreement and click on the 2nd icon in window.
3. It'll patch the default Aero.msstyles file. Restart your system and you'll get transparency in maximized windows as well.
If you want to restore the default behavior, click on the icon again.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows Vista Skin “Y! Vista Reloaded” for Yahoo! Messenger
- Download “K-Lite Mega Codec Pack” or “Media Player Classic” to Play All Popular Media Files in Windows
- How to Enable / Disable New Welcome Screen, Log Off and Shut Down Dialog Box in Windows XP?
- How to Customize the Places Bar in Common File Dialog Box in Microsoft Office?
- Enable Hidden Secret Animation in Details Pane of Windows Vista and 7 Explorer
- Download Mozilla Firefox “Australis” Mockup Theme