Get the Good Old Movie Maker 2.6 in Windows Vista and Later
The new Windows Live pack includes "Windows Live Movie Maker" which provides the new ribbon interface but many advanced users are not happy with this new version. Lots of essential features like timelines, adding text on videos, audio edits, etc have been removed from this new version to make the application simple and easy to use.
But IMO these removed features were the most important and essential features in Movie Maker and now the stripped beta version is a bit useless for lots of people.
If you also feel the same and want to get the good old Movie Maker with all the required features, then here is a good news for you. Microsoft has released Movie Maker 2.6 for Windows Vista which also works in later Windows versions.
So download it from following link and install in your Windows if you miss the old Movie Maker:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Create Direct Shortcut to “All Apps” Page of Windows 8 Start Screen and Pin it to Taskbar
- [Tip] Dual Boot Between Windows 10 and Your Existing Windows 7/8.1 OS
- How to Enable Good Old Start Button (ORB) and Start Menu in Windows 8?
- Get Windows XP Style Classic “All Programs” List in Start Menu of Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Download Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- Add Customized Strings (OEM Information) and Logo in System Properties Dialog Box of Windows XP