[Fix] Windows XP Shows Error Message While Opening “User Accounts” in Control Panel
If you are using Windows XP, here is a troubleshooting tip for you. Today in this topic, we are going to address an annoying problem which has been faced by many Windows XP users.
Many times when you try to open "User Accounts" applet in Control Panel in Windows XP, it doesn't open and Windows shows following error message:
Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment.
There is no additional help is shown and you have no idea how to fix the issue.
Actually this problem occurs when a few DLL files get unregistered or become corrupt. It might happen due to a 3rd party software or a patching utility.
The problem can be fixed by registering the related DLL files again. If you are also facing this problem, follow these simple steps:
1. Open Command Prompt from Start Menu and execute following commands one by one:
regsvr32 /i mshtml.dll
2. That's it. Close Command Prompt window and it should fix the problem.
If the above method doesn't work for you, you can download following official Fix it tool from Microsoft which will fix this weird issue automatically:
Have you also faced this problem in Windows XP? If yes, how did you fix it? Feel free to share your experience in your comment...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- List of Best Free Partition Manager Software for Windows
- CoolNovo (Formerly ChromePlus): New Advanced Web Browser Similar to Google Chrome
- Add Cascading Menu for Restart, Shut Down, Hibernate and Other Power Shortcuts in Desktop Context Menu of Windows 7 and Later
- How to Use Miracast Wireless Display or Screen Mirroring Feature in Windows 8.1 or Later?
- FireGestures: Get Opera Like Mouse Gestures in Mozilla Firefox
- List of Freeware to Get Windows 7 Aero Snap, Aero Shake and Aero Peek Features in Windows XP and Vista