If you are using Windows XP, here is a troubleshooting tip for you. Today in this topic, we are going to address an annoying problem which has been faced by many Windows XP users.
Many times when you try to open "User Accounts" applet in Control Panel in Windows XP, it doesn't open and Windows shows following error message:
Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment.
There is no additional help is shown and you have no idea how to fix the issue.
Actually this problem occurs when a few DLL files get unregistered or become corrupt. It might happen due to a 3rd party software or a patching utility.
The problem can be fixed by registering the related DLL files again. If you are also facing this problem, follow these simple steps:
1. Open Command Prompt from Start Menu and execute following commands one by one:
regsvr32 /i mshtml.dll
2. That's it. Close Command Prompt window and it should fix the problem.
If the above method doesn't work for you, you can download following official Fix it tool from Microsoft which will fix this weird issue automatically:
Have you also faced this problem in Windows XP? If yes, how did you fix it? Feel free to share your experience in your comment...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Revealing Hidden Secret “Unicorn” Easter Egg in Mozilla Firefox
- Make Your Linux Desktop Look-Like Windows 7 Using Transformation Packs
- [FIX] WinRAR Causes Wide Context Menu Problem in Windows XP, Vista, Server 2008 and 7
- Download Windows 7 Boot Screen for Windows XP and Vista
- John Background Switcher: Download Free Desktop Background Slide Show Software for Windows
- Free Opener: Free Utility to Open 70+ Popular File Formats