[Fix] Duplicate IMAP Folders (Sent, Junk and Deleted Items) Created in Windows Live Mail
Today in this topic we are going to address a weird and annoying issue present in Windows Live Mail which is a popular Desktop email client program developed by Microsoft and a part of Windows Essentials suite.
The problem occurs if you add and setup an email account using IMAP server settings in Windows Live Mail program, it automatically creates following duplicate folders:
- Sent Items
- Deleted Items
- Junk E-mail
Following screenshots clearly shows this issue in details:
As you can see there are duplicate folders present for Sent, Deleted and Junk emails. The "Deleted", "Junk" and "Sent" are original folders downloaded from the email server. On the other hand, "Sent items", "Deleted items" and "Junk E-mail" are their duplicates created by Windows Live Mail program.
If you are also facing this problem and want to get rid of the duplicate folders, this tutorial will definitely help you.
Actually there is a built-in feature in Windows Live Mail program which creates some special folders to store emails at mail server which causes the creation of these duplicate folders.
If you want to remove the duplicate folders, check out following simple steps:
1. Open Windows Live Mail program, right-click on the email account header and select Properties option.
2. Now go to "IMAP" tab and disable/uncheck "Store special folders on IMAP server" option present under "Special Folders" section.
3. Click on OK button and it'll ask for confirmation to refresh the folders list. Click on Yes button to accept the confirmation.
It'll take a few moments in downloading and refreshing folders list.
4. Now you'll need to manually delete those duplicate folders. Right-click on each duplicate folder one by one and select Delete option.
That's it. After deleting the duplicate folders, Windows Live Mail will never create them again.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Change Lock Screen Background Image in Windows 8 and Later
- [Fix] Windows 7 is not Genuine Error Message, Make It Original and Activated Again
- [Registry Method] How to Prevent Themes to Change Desktop Icons & Mouse Pointers in Windows 7 and Later?
- Smart Defrag 2: Free Tool for Fast and Efficient Disk Defragmentation
- How to Enable / Disable New Welcome Screen, Log Off and Shut Down Dialog Box in Windows XP?
- Best Free Alternatives to Windows Media Center