[Fix] Duplicate IMAP Folders (Sent, Junk and Deleted Items) Created in Windows Live Mail
Today in this topic we are going to address a weird and annoying issue present in Windows Live Mail which is a popular Desktop email client program developed by Microsoft and a part of Windows Essentials suite.
The problem occurs if you add and setup an email account using IMAP server settings in Windows Live Mail program, it automatically creates following duplicate folders:
- Sent Items
- Deleted Items
- Junk E-mail
Following screenshots clearly shows this issue in details:
As you can see there are duplicate folders present for Sent, Deleted and Junk emails. The "Deleted", "Junk" and "Sent" are original folders downloaded from the email server. On the other hand, "Sent items", "Deleted items" and "Junk E-mail" are their duplicates created by Windows Live Mail program.
If you are also facing this problem and want to get rid of the duplicate folders, this tutorial will definitely help you.
Actually there is a built-in feature in Windows Live Mail program which creates some special folders to store emails at mail server which causes the creation of these duplicate folders.
If you want to remove the duplicate folders, check out following simple steps:
1. Open Windows Live Mail program, right-click on the email account header and select Properties option.
2. Now go to "IMAP" tab and disable/uncheck "Store special folders on IMAP server" option present under "Special Folders" section.
3. Click on OK button and it'll ask for confirmation to refresh the folders list. Click on Yes button to accept the confirmation.
It'll take a few moments in downloading and refreshing folders list.
4. Now you'll need to manually delete those duplicate folders. Right-click on each duplicate folder one by one and select Delete option.
That's it. After deleting the duplicate folders, Windows Live Mail will never create them again.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Add “Show / Hide File Extensions” Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows
- [Tip] How to Restart Mozilla Firefox With All Opened Tabs
- Get Windows 8 Charms Bar in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- [All About Mozilla Firefox] Get Good Old Things Back, Customize New Things and Reveal Hidden Secret Stuff
- How to Disable or Remove “Get Windows 10 Upgrade” App and Icon from Taskbar?
- Everything You Want to Know About Windows 8.1