[Fix] Compatibility Tab Missing and System Restore Crashing Problems in Windows Vista and 7
We get frequent mails about this common problem in Windows Vista and 7. Sometimes Windows users face a strange problem, when:
- The "Compatibility" tab is missing in Properties window:
- System Restore doesn't open and shows following error message:
- Windows shows frequent Error Reporting messages.
- You face Performance Monitor, Inkball and Winamp related problems.
All these problems occur when 2 system files "wer.dll" and "Faultrep.dll" are missing from "%windir%\System32" folder. Either the files were deleted by mistake or were not installed by Windows because of removing some Windows components from the setup.
The solution of this problem is very simple. Just download following ZIP file, extract it and you'll get both system files. Now copy the files to "%windir%\System32" folder. If you get overwrite prompt message, select NO.
Once you copy the files to "System32" folder, your problem will be solved and you'll be able to get "Compatibility" tab back:
Also System Restore will work without any problem:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] How to Copy Text from a Dialog Box Quickly in Windows?
- Hidden Secret Codes for Samsung Galaxy Mobile Phones
- How To Enable “Search For Text When I Start Typing” Feature in Mozilla Firefox?
- Windows 8.1 November Update Rollup (aka Update 3) Now Available for Download
- Create Shortcut to Kill All Not Responding Programs on the Fly in Windows
- How to Apply and Safely Use Custom User Interface (Shell or Explorer) in Windows?