We get frequent mails about this common problem in Windows Vista and 7. Sometimes Windows users face a strange problem, when:
- The "Compatibility" tab is missing in Properties window:
- System Restore doesn't open and shows following error message:
- Windows shows frequent Error Reporting messages.
- You face Performance Monitor, Inkball and Winamp related problems.
All these problems occur when 2 system files "wer.dll" and "Faultrep.dll" are missing from "%windir%\System32" folder. Either the files were deleted by mistake or were not installed by Windows because of removing some Windows components from the setup.
The solution of this problem is very simple. Just download following ZIP file, extract it and you'll get both system files. Now copy the files to "%windir%\System32" folder. If you get overwrite prompt message, select NO.
Once you copy the files to "System32" folder, your problem will be solved and you'll be able to get "Compatibility" tab back:
Also System Restore will work without any problem:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Fix “Cannot Open AVI Error” While Updating Spybot S&D or Spyware Doctor?
- Microsoft Launched “Automated Troubleshooting Services” to Fix Common Maintenance Problems for Windows XP and Vista
- Download Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- How to Restore Private Browsing Confirmation Prompt in Mozilla Firefox?
- [Did You Know] Ultimate List of Windows Live Mail Bugs and Goof-ups
- Personas: New Easy to Install & Easy to Use Skins for Mozilla Firefox