[Fix] Compatibility Tab Missing and System Restore Crashing Problems in Windows Vista and 7
We get frequent mails about this common problem in Windows Vista and 7. Sometimes Windows users face a strange problem, when:
- The "Compatibility" tab is missing in Properties window:
- System Restore doesn't open and shows following error message:
- Windows shows frequent Error Reporting messages.
- You face Performance Monitor, Inkball and Winamp related problems.
All these problems occur when 2 system files "wer.dll" and "Faultrep.dll" are missing from "%windir%\System32" folder. Either the files were deleted by mistake or were not installed by Windows because of removing some Windows components from the setup.
The solution of this problem is very simple. Just download following ZIP file, extract it and you'll get both system files. Now copy the files to "%windir%\System32" folder. If you get overwrite prompt message, select NO.
Once you copy the files to "System32" folder, your problem will be solved and you'll be able to get "Compatibility" tab back:
Also System Restore will work without any problem:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Best Free Alternatives to Microsoft Office Suite
- Get Classic Start Menu Back in Windows 7 Using CWSM
- [Tip] Create Portable Version of eM Client for USB Drives
- Google Launches New Social Network “Google+”
- Fix Restart and Shutdown Problems in Windows 8 and Later by Disabling “Hybrid Shutdown” Feature
- Download Microsoft Office 2013 Quick Start Guides to Get Tips and Learn Keyboard Shortcuts