We get frequent mails about this common problem in Windows Vista and 7. Sometimes Windows users face a strange problem, when:
- The "Compatibility" tab is missing in Properties window:
- System Restore doesn't open and shows following error message:
- Windows shows frequent Error Reporting messages.
- You face Performance Monitor, Inkball and Winamp related problems.
All these problems occur when 2 system files "wer.dll" and "Faultrep.dll" are missing from "%windir%\System32" folder. Either the files were deleted by mistake or were not installed by Windows because of removing some Windows components from the setup.
The solution of this problem is very simple. Just download following ZIP file, extract it and you'll get both system files. Now copy the files to "%windir%\System32" folder. If you get overwrite prompt message, select NO.
Once you copy the files to "System32" folder, your problem will be solved and you'll be able to get "Compatibility" tab back:
Also System Restore will work without any problem:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Disable Aero Glass Transparency in Windows 8 Taskbar?
- How to Restore Old Behavior of New Tab Page in Google Chrome, Disable Recently Visited Websites Thumbnails and Google Search
- [FIX] Optical Drives (CD/DVD) Icon Not Showing in My Computer Window
- Border Skin: Get Windows Vista and 7 Style Aero Glass Effect with Blur and Reflection in Windows XP
- Ultimate List of Useful Keyboard Shortcuts for Command Prompt in Windows
- Get Good Old Classic Start Menu Back in Windows 7 Using CSMenu