[Fix] Compatibility Tab Missing and System Restore Crashing Problems in Windows Vista and 7
We get frequent mails about this common problem in Windows Vista and 7. Sometimes Windows users face a strange problem, when:
- The "Compatibility" tab is missing in Properties window:
- System Restore doesn't open and shows following error message:
- Windows shows frequent Error Reporting messages.
- You face Performance Monitor, Inkball and Winamp related problems.
All these problems occur when 2 system files "wer.dll" and "Faultrep.dll" are missing from "%windir%\System32" folder. Either the files were deleted by mistake or were not installed by Windows because of removing some Windows components from the setup.
The solution of this problem is very simple. Just download following ZIP file, extract it and you'll get both system files. Now copy the files to "%windir%\System32" folder. If you get overwrite prompt message, select NO.
Once you copy the files to "System32" folder, your problem will be solved and you'll be able to get "Compatibility" tab back:
Also System Restore will work without any problem:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Mac OS X “Mountain Lion” Look-Like Login Screen for Windows XP
- Google Launches New Social Network “Google+”
- Windows 8 will Boot Faster than Previous Windows Versions, Microsoft Confirms
- [Guide] How to Take Ownership (Permission) of a File or Folder Manually in Windows?
- Visual Subst: Automatically Create Virtual Drives for Your Desired Folder in Windows Explorer
- Windows 8.1 November Update Rollup (aka Update 3) Now Available for Download