[Fix] Can’t See Minimize Button in Titlebar and Access Taskbar in Metro Apps in Windows 8.1
This tutorial will help you in fixing some issues and applying some restrictions in Windows 8.1 as mentioned below:
- Fix: Minimize button is not present in titlebar of metro (Windows Store) apps
- Fix: Can't access Taskbar while running metro apps
- Disable metro apps presence on Taskbar
Now some details about this topic! In recently released Update 1 for Windows 8.1, Microsoft has improved integration between Desktop and Metro UI (known as Modern UI).
Now you can pin metro apps to Taskbar, access Taskbar from Start Screen and metro apps, minimize metro apps to Taskbar, etc.
Its definitely a great addition to the operating system but some people might not like this change and might want to disable Metro apps presence on Taskbar.
That's why Microsoft has provided a new option in Taskbar properties to disable metro apps on Taskbar.
If you want Windows to not show metro apps icons on Taskbar, check out following simple steps:
1. Right-click on Taskbar and select Properties.
2. Disable "Show Windows Store apps on the taskbar" option.
Apply the changes and Windows will stop showing metro apps icons on Taskbar. Don't worry! You'll still be able to pin metro apps to Taskbar.
BUT!!! Once you turn off this option, it'll also remove Minimize button from titlebar of metro apps. Microsoft has added a new titlebar to metro apps which contains Minimize and Close buttons but if you disable above mentioned option, it'll remove Minimize button from metro apps titlebar.
Also you'll not be able to access Taskbar while running a metro app. Although you'll be able to access Taskbar from Start Screen but it'll not be accessible from metro apps.
If you were worried about missing Minimize button in metro apps titlebar and unavailable Taskbar in metro apps, its happening due to disabled "Show Windows Store apps on the taskbar" option in Taskbar properties.
Enable the option again and you'll be able to see Minimize button in titlebar of metro apps as well as access Taskbar while running metro apps.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Fix] Windows XP Shows Error Message: Installation of Microsoft Office 2010 Requires MSXML Version 6.10.1129.0
- UAC Tweak: Small Utility to Tweak UAC (User Account Control) Settings in Windows
- How to Customize Power Button Action in Windows 7 Start Menu?
- How to Force Mozilla Firefox In-line Spell Checker to Work in Textboxes and Web Forms?
- Enable Hidden Secret Animation in Details Pane of Windows Vista and 7 Explorer
- How to Fix Corrupt Drive Icons Problem in My Computer Window?