Finally a Way to Enable Transparency in Windows 8 Without any Bug or Glitch
When Microsoft made the announcement about removal of Aero glass transparency from its latest OS Windows 8, it disappointed a lot of Windows users. Aero glass transparency was one of the eye candy effects which made Windows Vista and Windows 7 looking beautiful.
Microsoft didn't only disable the transparency but also removed its programming code from Windows 8 shell, so there is no known way yet to get the transparency back.
Although there are a few secret ways to get an unstable transparency in Windows 8 but its full of glitches and doesn't work as expected. You can't work with that transparency effect enabled.
Thanks to an AskVG reader "SirNoah", its now possible to make this unstable transparency stable in Windows 8. Today in this tutorial, we are going to share a 100% working method which will help you in enabling transparency in Windows 8 which will work properly without any bug or glitch. It'll be permanent and stable.
Before starting the tutorial, lets make a few things clear:
- After following the method given in this tutorial, you'll get transparency in window borders similar to Windows Vista and Windows 7 but there will be no blur or reflection effects.
- It'll require a small utility running in background so that you can get stable transparency in Windows 8 without glitches.
Now if you want to get transparency in Windows 8, here are the required steps:
1. First we'll need to enable the hidden, unstable and buggy transparency in Windows 8. You can follow the method given in following tutorial:
Now you'll get a broken transparency in Windows 8 which will be full of bugs. As soon as you move a window, it'll ruin the transparency effect.
2. Now its turn of making this unstable transparency stable. We'll take help of another freeware "bLend" created by our friend Lord Devrexster. Initially the software was created for Windows XP to provide transparency effect similar to Windows Vista and Windows 7 but surprisingly, it still works in Windows 8.
Download it using following link:
3. After downloading, run the software and select "Set all windows to be transparent" option. Move the transparency level slider to the end i.e. 254. Enable the checkbox "Start at system booting" and click on "Apply/Resume" button.
That's it. It'll immediately make the unstable transparency stable and permanent in Windows 8 as shown in following screenshot:
You can see in the above image the transparency is perfect without any glitch.
Check the effect and lest us know your feedback about it in your comment...
UPDATE: Also check:
Posted in: Windows 8 / 8.1
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Restore Missing “Send To” Menuitem in File and Folder Context Menus in Windows?
- Best Free Image Editors and Alternatives to Microsoft Paint and Adobe Photoshop
- [Opera Tip] Disable New “Basic” or “Simple” Settings Page
- [Tip] Enable New “Flip Ahead” Feature in Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8
- How to Set Your Desired Wallpaper as Folder Background in Windows Vista?
- Kludget Engine: Free Utility to Use Mac OS Dashboard Widgets on Windows and Linux Desktop