Everything You Need to Know About Windows 8.1 Update 1
When Microsoft released Windows 8.1 update for Windows 8 operating system, the company announced that there will be regular updates available for Windows 8.1 in future similar to service packs to improve its user interface and functionality.
With the release of Windows 8.1, Microsoft also started working on Update 1 for the OS. There were many rumors and leaks in past few months regarding this update but we couldn't share about them due to obvious reasons.
But now Microsoft has officially announced about the Update 1. Today "Joe Belfiore" from Microsoft made an announcement about Windows 8.1 Update 1. According to the official announcement, Update 1 for Windows 8.1 will refine and improve Windows 8.1 to deliver streamline user experience on all devices such as PCs, tablets and mobile phones.
Some interesting things to note about Windows 8.1 Update 1:
- It'll reduce hardware requirements so that lower cost hardware can also be used in Windows 8.1 systems.
- It'll bring many improvements in Modern aka Metro UI of Windows 8.1. Now PC users with mouse and keyboards will have more control over Start Screen and other Metro app areas.
- Many improvements in Internet Explorer 11.
Exclusive Features List of Windows 8.1 Update 1
- Ability to detect the hardware and enable appropriate user interface. Metro UI for touch enabled devices and Desktop for PCs.
- New titlebar with min/close buttons for Metro apps.
- Auto-hidden Taskbar for Metro apps.
- Classic context menus (right-click menus) for tiles on Start Screen. Users with mouse will no longer need to use bottom Metro app bar to access right-click options.
- Much requested power button on Start Screen to sleep, restart, shut down Windows 8.1 system.
- Search button on Start Screen.
- Ability to pin Metro apps on Taskbar.
- Taskbar shows shortcuts of running Metro apps similar to other Desktop programs.
According to Microsoft this new Update for Windows 8.1 should be coming this spring, most probably in the middle of April 2014. But no official date has been confirmed by Microsoft. There are rumors that it'll distributed through Windows Update not from Windows Store.
We'll keep updating you all as soon as new information comes about Windows 8.1 Update 1 from Microsoft. Keep visiting this place and feel free to share your feedback about this new update features...
Posted in: Windows 8 / 8.1
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Microsoft Removes “Get Windows 10” (GWX) App from Windows 7 and 8.1 Computers
- [Windows 10 Tip] Get Colors on Titlebars of Inactive (Background) Program Windows
- Google Redesigns Gmail Look, Adds New HD Themes, How to Instructions Inside
- [Tips] Disable Colorization to Get Window Borders Always White and Enable Secret Slow Animations Tweak in Windows 8
- [AIO] Complete Tutorial to Customize Desktop Context Menu in Windows XP Using Resource Hacker
- Download Windows 8 Updates to Fix Advanced Startup Option Issues and Improve Windows Defender Performance