Download Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 RTM Themes and Wallpapers for Windows 7
UPDATE: The theme pack has been updated to include Windows 8.1 RTM themes, wallpapers, boot screen, login screen and other customization stuff.
Recently we shared Windows 8 RTM theme for Windows XP and now its turn of Windows 7 users. As we all know the testing builds of Windows 8 such as Consumer Preview featured Aero glass transparency and we shared a look-like theme for Windows 7 which can be found at following link:
But Microsoft has removed the Aero glass transparency from Windows 8 RTM theme. Windows 8 RTM comes with a clean and minimal theme without transparency and blur effects.
Today in this topic we are going to share a new theme for Windows 7 created by "mare-m" @ DA which brings Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 RTM look-n-feel to Windows 7. This theme will make your Windows 7 look-like Windows 8/8.1 RTM.
Following is a preview of this theme in action:
If you also want to transform Windows 7 into Windows 8/8.1 RTM, you should definitely give a try to this theme.
Interested people can follow these simple steps to enjoy the theme:
1. First download the theme using following link:
2. After downloading the file, extract it using 7-Zip and you'll get 2 folders containing various Windows 8/8.1 RTM stuff such as theme, wallpapers, sound schemes, mouse cursors, fonts and Explorer toolbar back/forward buttons.
3. First go to "Windows 8~8.1 Themes" folder, it contains following sub-folders:
- Windows 8 Earth Theme
- Windows 8 Flowers Theme
- Windows 8.1 Lines Theme
- Windows 8~8.1 Theme
"Windows 8~8.1 Theme" is the main theme folder which contains Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 RTM look-like themes for Windows 7. The other folders contain different variations of the same themes.
4. Open the desired folder and you'll get 2 more folders in it:
- Taskbar on Bottom or Left
- Taskbar on Top or Right
If you use Taskbar on bottom or left, then you'll need to use the theme present in "Taskbar on Bottom or Left" folder, otherwise use the theme present in the second folder.
Each of the above mentioned folders contains 2 more folders:
- Start Menu With User Picture
- Start Menu Without User Picture
As the names explain, if you want to show user picture in Start Menu, then use the theme present in first folder. If you don't want to show user picture in Start Menu, then use the theme present in the second folder.
Open desired folder and copy all files and folders present in it to "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\" folder.
5. Now you can apply the theme using Desktop Personalization window. But make sure you have patched your system to use custom 3rd party themes as mentioned in following article:
6. The theme folder also contains Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 RTM wallpapers, sound schemes and mouse cursors. All these stuff are automatically installed by the theme. If you are using Windows XP or Vista, you can copy them to your Windows and apply them.
7. The downloaded archive also contains files to replace default Back/forward buttons present in Windows Explorer with new Metro style buttons. To use them:
If you are using 64-bit Windows 7, you'll need to replace "ExplorerFrame.dll" file present in C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\sysWOW64 folders with the new files present in "Windows 8~8.1 Extras\Navigation Buttons\64-BIT" and "Windows 8~8.1 Extras\Navigation Buttons\32-BIT" folders respectively.
If you are using 32-bit Windows 7, you just need to replace "ExplorerFrame.dll" file present in C:\Windows\System32 folder with the new file present in "Windows 8~8.1 Extras\Navigation Buttons\32-BIT" folder.
Check out this link to learn more about replacing system files in Windows.
8. Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 come with a modified Segoe UI font which can be installed in Windows 7 or other Windows versions by going to "Windows 8~8.1 Extras\Fonts\Segoe UI" folder, select all .TTF files, right-click and select "Install" option.
9. You'll also find Windows 8/8.1 boot screen, login screen, user account picture and a few other customization stuff in "Windows 8~8.1 Extras" folder.
That's all guys. Feel free to share your feedback about this theme in your comment...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Speed Up Windows Vista – Master Tutorial to Make Windows Vista Super Fast
- [Direct Download Links] Windows XP Mode and Windows Virtual PC for Windows 7
- [Software Update] Yahoo! Messenger 11.5 Now Available for Download
- [Did You Know] Ultimate List of Windows 7 Bugs and Goof-ups
- How to Disable “Update to Windows 8.1 for Free” Notification in Windows 8 Store?
- [BUG] Windows Live Mail Compose Window Doesn’t Allow Entering Recipient Names