DISCLAIMER: This utility has been shared for the sake of knowledge sharing. Patching system files using 3rd party software might be dangerous for your system. We do not recommend it and we'll not be responsible if it harms your system.
We all know that Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Starter editions are very restricted in customization. You can't enjoy Aero Glass, Aero Peek, Aero Shake, Aero Snap, Flip 3D, etc features. In fact you don't get "Personalize" option in Desktop context menu to change wallpaper, theme, etc.
We have shared a few free utilities in past which allow you to remove these restrictions such as Personalization Panel and StarterDesktopSlideShow. Now there is no need to use any software to install alternatives to these essential features.
"Mr. dUSHA" has created a small patch which automatically patches system files to enable all Windows Ultimate features. Thanks to Shikharev aka Smarty @ DA for sharing it.
You just need to run the patch's EXE file. It'll patch the files and will reboot your system. After reboot, you'll be able to enjoy Aero Glass and other personalization features in Windows 7 Home Basic and Starter editions.
You can download it using following link:
You'll find the download link in right-side section of the above mentioned page. After downloading the .7z file, you'll need 7-Zip software to extract the EXE file from it.
PS: To uninstall the patch, run the EXE file again.
Once you enable Aero Glass transparency and personalization features, don't forget to try our exclusive "AeroVG Se7en" theme which provides awesome transparency and other eye candy effects:
You can also check various other themes for Windows 7 in our "Themes" section.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Remove “Libraries” from Windows 7 Explorer Navigation Pane?
- Disable Colorization to Set Window Borders Always White and Enable Secret Slow Animations Tweak in Windows 8
- Microsoft Talks About Windows 8 Metro UI and Desktop, Two Interfaces in One OS
- Hidden Secret Codes for Samsung Wave “Bada OS” Mobile Phones
- How to Restore Missing “Compressed (zipped) Folder” Item in Send To Menu in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Get “Windows Media Center Pack” for Windows 8 Free