Download Simple Patch to Enable Aero Glass Transparency and Personalization Features in Windows 7 Home Basic and Starter Editions
DISCLAIMER: This utility has been shared for the sake of knowledge sharing. Patching system files using 3rd party software might be dangerous for your system. We do not recommend it and we'll not be responsible if it harms your system.
We all know that Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Starter editions are very restricted in customization. You can't enjoy Aero Glass, Aero Peek, Aero Shake, Aero Snap, Flip 3D, etc features. In fact you don't get "Personalize" option in Desktop context menu to change wallpaper, theme, etc.
We have shared a few free utilities in past which allow you to remove these restrictions such as Personalization Panel and StarterDesktopSlideShow. Now there is no need to use any software to install alternatives to these essential features.
"Mr. dUSHA" has created a small patch which automatically patches system files to enable all Windows Ultimate features. Thanks to Shikharev aka Smarty @ DA for sharing it.
You just need to run the patch's EXE file. It'll patch the files and will reboot your system. After reboot, you'll be able to enjoy Aero Glass and other personalization features in Windows 7 Home Basic and Starter editions.
You can download it using following link:
You'll find the download link in right-side section of the above mentioned page. After downloading the .7z file, you'll need 7-Zip software to extract the EXE file from it.
PS: To uninstall the patch, run the EXE file again.
Once you enable Aero Glass transparency and personalization features, don't forget to try our exclusive "AeroVG Se7en" theme which provides awesome transparency and other eye candy effects:
You can also check various other themes for Windows 7 in our "Themes" section.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Move Scrollbar from Right to Left in Mozilla Firefox?
- Download Free Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool from Microsoft
- How to Launch Command Prompt or Other Programs Using “Ease of Access” Button at Login Screen in Windows Vista and Later?
- Visual Tooltip: Get Windows Vista and 7 Style Taskbar Thumbnail Previews in Windows XP
- How to Change or Use Custom DNS Server Settings in Windows?
- Add “Open with Resource Hacker” Option in EXE, DLL, CPL, OCX and SCR Files Context Menu