After getting huge demand for a Black version of my recently released theme "SevenVG", I'm glad to announce the release of "SevenVG Black RTM" theme.
"SevenVG Black RTM" theme provides the same Windows 7 feeling in XP, at the same time it makes the people happy who love dark themes.
Following is a preview of this new theme:
You can download the theme using following link:
PS: You'll find the download link in the right-side section of the above mentioned page.
How to Install and Use:
1. Once you download the ZIP file, extract it. You'll get a folder "SevenVG Black RTM Theme for Windows XP by Vishal Gupta".
2. In this folder, you'll get 5 more folders:
- Extra Common Tasks (This folder contains 2 extra shell styles: Bottom and Left dark blue.)
- Fonts (This folder contains Segoe UI fonts required for the theme. Run Fonts.exe file to install them.)
- Iconized Taskbar Hack (This folder contains registry script to enable Iconized taskbar in Windows XP.)
- Styler Toolbar (This folder contains "Styler" setup file and "SevenVG RTM" Styler skin. You can apply it to get Windows 7 look-like commandbar in Windows XP Explorer.) To know more about Styler and how to use it, visit this link.
- Theme (This folder contains the main theme. Run Theme.exe file to install it.)
3. Download and run UXTheme patcher using following topic:
4. Run "Theme.exe" file present in "Theme" folder and apply the theme using Desktop Properties.
NOTE: To use "Extra Common Tasks", you'll need to replace existing shellstyle.dll file present in "Drive_letter:\Windows\Resources\Themes\SevenVG Black RTM\Shell\NormalColor\" with any of the 2 shellstyle.dll files present in "Extra Common Tasks" folder of downloaded ZIP file.
Facing Problems in Applying Theme?
If you face problems while applying the theme or patching Windows, check following tutorials:
- How to Install & Use Custom 3rd Party Themes in Windows XP, Vista & 7
- How to Uninstall / Remove Custom 3rd Party Themes in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- How to Fix Start Menu Cut-Off Problem in Windows XP Themes?
- How to Fix "Windows NT Setup Files Detected" Error Message While Running UXTheme Patcher in Windows XP
- How to Install and Apply Styler Toolbar Skin in Windows XP Explorer?
- How to Get Blue Toolbar Back in Microsoft Office 2003 While Using 3rd Party Themes in Windows XP
PS: If you want to completely transform your Windows XP into Windows 7 including theme, boot screen, login screen, icons, etc, please follow following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Extend Windows Vista and Windows 7 Trial Period from 30 Days to 120 Days
- How to Enable Secret HIBERNATE Button in Shut Down Dialog Box in Windows XP?
- How to Adjust Taskbar Thumbnail Live Preview Delay Time in Windows 7
- Start8: Get Start Button (ORB) and Classic Start Menu Back, Load Desktop on Login and Disable Hot Spots in Windows 8
- How to Turn Off Taskbar Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 7
- FoxE9: Download Add-on to Make Mozilla Firefox Look-Like Internet Explorer 9 (IE9)