Download Official Microsoft SkyDrive App for Windows, Mac and Mobile Phones
SkyDrive is a file hosting and synchronization service from Microsoft which allows you to upload and sync your data easily and quickly to their server.
If you are not using it, you can create a free account using following link:
You can upload files, create folders to manage files and much more using its web interface. Now to make your life easier, Microsoft has released an official SkyDrive app which can be used to direct upload and sync files and folders using your computer. You'll not need to open SkyDrive webpage in your browser.
This free Desktop client for SkyDrive can be installed in following platforms:
- Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8
- Mac OS
- Windows Phone
- iPhone and iPad
Windows XP is not supported and currently the free app is not available for Google Android phones.
Using SkyDrive app, you'll be able to access your SkyDrive from Windows Explorer in Windows, Mac, Windows Phone and iOS. You can now just drag-n-drop files to and from SkyDrive upto 2 GB, you can now access all your files offline too.
This app takes just a few seconds in downloading and installing in your system. It sits in your system tray waiting for your command. A new folder for your SkyDrive data is created automatically in your user account folder, you can change the folder location during setup.
Now whenever you create a new file in this folder, its automatically uploaded to your SkyDrive account. If you delete a file, it gets automatically deleted from your account. Same thing happens when you create or delete a file in your SkyDrive account, its automatically created or deleted from your computer folder.
You can download SkyDrive app using following links:
- Get SkyDrive for Windows
- Get SkyDrive for Windows Phone
- Get SkyDrive for iPhone and iPad
- Get SkyDrive for Mac OS X Lion
PS: Microsoft has reduced free storage space at SkyDrive to 7GB for new users. Existing users can opt-in to keep previous 25GB of free storage using following link:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Change or Remove Windows Logo from Windows 7 System Properties?
- How to Disable / Adjust URL Suggestions in Addressbar of Mozilla Firefox
- MultiMi: Free Desktop App to Manage and Access Email Accounts and Social Networks
- Download Google Earth Pro Version for Free
- Xmarks Bookmark Sync: Must Have Extension for All Web Browsers
- Add “Change Sound”, “Change Cursor”, “System Properties” and Other Useful Shortcuts in Windows Vista and Later Desktop Context Menu