[Software Update] Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) 4.7.0205.0 Now Available for Download
NOTE: This article is updated whenever a new version of Microsoft Security Essentials is released. So keep checking this page regularly.
Microsoft has upgraded its free anti-malware utility "Microsoft Security Essentials" (MSE) to version 4.7.0205.0. Microsoft Security Essentials provides real-time protection for your PC that guards against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.
MSE is simple to install, easy to use, and is automatically updated to protect your PC with the latest technology. It runs quietly and efficiently in the background so that you are free to use your Windows-based PC the way you want without interruptions or long computer wait times.
Comprehensive protection—Microsoft Security Essentials helps defend your computer against spyware, viruses, worms, Trojans, and other malicious software.
Easy to get, easy to use—Microsoft Security Essentials is available at no cost, there's no registration process that requires billing or personal information collection. It installs after a quick download and Genuine Windows validation and then stays automatically up-to-date with the latest protection technology and signature updates.
Quiet Protection—Microsoft Security Essentials doesn't get in your way. It runs quietly in the background and schedules a scan when your computer is most likely idle. You only see alerts when you need to take action.
MSE is absolutely free and can be used in Windows Vista and Windows 7. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are supported.
You should uninstall other antivirus software already running on your PC before installing Microsoft Security Essentials. Running more than one antivirus program at the same time can potentially cause conflicts that affect PC performance.
You can download it using following link:
NOTE: You must be using genuine Windows to install MSE.
Thanks to our reader "Vinay Godara" for the update...
Posted in: Software
Other similar articles that may interest you
- CoolNovo (Formerly ChromePlus): New Advanced Web Browser Similar to Google Chrome
- Get Windows XP Style Classic “All Programs” List in Start Menu of Windows Vista and Windows 7
- TClock: Show Windows 7 Look-like Date & Time in System Tray in Windows XP and Vista
- [Direct Download Links] Full Standalone Offline Installers of Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE)
- [FIX] Wrong Program or File Opens with Incorrect Icon and Error Message in Windows
- How to Set Restrictions in Mozilla Firefox? Restrict Downloads, Adding Bookmarks, Add-ons, Changing Options, etc