[Software Update] Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) 4.9.0218.0 Now Available for Download
UPDATED on April 14, 2016: Release of Microsoft Security Essentials 4.9.0218.0 version.
Microsoft has upgraded its free anti-malware utility "Microsoft Security Essentials" (MSE) to version 4.9.0218.0. Microsoft Security Essentials provides real-time protection for your PC that guards against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.
MSE is simple to install, easy to use, and is automatically updated to protect your PC with the latest technology. It runs quietly and efficiently in the background so that you are free to use your Windows-based PC the way you want without interruptions or long computer wait times.
Comprehensive protection—Microsoft Security Essentials helps defend your computer against spyware, viruses, worms, Trojans, and other malicious software.
Easy to get, easy to use—Microsoft Security Essentials is available at no cost, there's no registration process that requires billing or personal information collection. It installs after a quick download and Genuine Windows validation and then stays automatically up-to-date with the latest protection technology and signature updates.
Quiet Protection—Microsoft Security Essentials doesn't get in your way. It runs quietly in the background and schedules a scan when your computer is most likely idle. You only see alerts when you need to take action.
MSE is absolutely free and can be used in Windows Vista and Windows 7. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are supported.
You should uninstall other antivirus software already running on your PC before installing Microsoft Security Essentials. Running more than one antivirus program at the same time can potentially cause conflicts that affect PC performance.
You can download it using following link:
You must be using genuine Windows to install MSE.
Thanks to our reader "Vinay Godara" for the update...
NOTE: This article is updated whenever a new version of Microsoft Security Essentials is released. So keep checking this page regularly.
- Update Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) Virus Definitions Using Command Line Without Using Windows Update
- Download and Install Latest Virus Definition Updates Offline in Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE)
- How to Restore All Configuration Settings of Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) to Default Using Command Line
- Download Free Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) Screensaver to Scan Your System When Its Idle
Posted in: Software
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows 8.1 is Just Around the Corner, Are You Ready to Switch?
- Hash Reporter: Free Portable Utility to Calculate and Verify Hash Codes
- Maxthon: Yet Another Fast, Secure and Highly Customizable Web Browser
- [FIX] Windows Explorer Doesn’t Show Thumbnail Previews in Windows Vista and Later
- Add “Show / Hide Hidden Files” Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows
- [Review] What’s New in Windows 8.1?