NOTE: This article is updated whenever a new version of Microsoft Security Essentials is released. So keep checking this page regularly.
Microsoft has upgraded its free anti-malware utility "Microsoft Security Essentials" (MSE) to version 184.108.40.206. Microsoft Security Essentials provides real-time protection for your PC that guards against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.
MSE is simple to install, easy to use, and is automatically updated to protect your PC with the latest technology. It runs quietly and efficiently in the background so that you are free to use your Windows-based PC the way you want without interruptions or long computer wait times.
Comprehensive protection—Microsoft Security Essentials helps defend your computer against spyware, viruses, worms, Trojans, and other malicious software.
Easy to get, easy to use—Microsoft Security Essentials is available at no cost, there's no registration process that requires billing or personal information collection. It installs after a quick download and Genuine Windows validation and then stays automatically up-to-date with the latest protection technology and signature updates.
Quiet Protection—Microsoft Security Essentials doesn't get in your way. It runs quietly in the background and schedules a scan when your computer is most likely idle. You only see alerts when you need to take action.
MSE is absolutely free and can be used in Windows Vista and Windows 7. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are supported.
You should uninstall other antivirus software already running on your PC before installing Microsoft Security Essentials. Running more than one antivirus program at the same time can potentially cause conflicts that affect PC performance.
You can download it using following link:
NOTE: You must be using genuine Windows to install MSE.
Thanks to our readers "Armond" and "Paul Kevin Estanislao" for the update...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download WinStep Nexus Dock with Live Icon Reflection and System Tray Support
- [Fix] Can’t Change Lock Screen Background Image and User Account Picture in Windows 8
- How to Restrict Users from Changing Start Screen Background and Color in Windows 8 and 8.1?
- How to Change Email Storage Location in Windows Live Mail (WLM) Using Registry Editor?
- How to Fix / Troubleshoot Various Taskbar Problems in Windows?
- Add-on to Automatically Save and Recover Lost Form Data in Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari