Create Bootable USB Drive or DVD of Windows Setup Using “Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool” from Microsoft
If you download your Windows 7 copy using Microsoft Store or your MSDN/TechNet/Connect account, it comes in ISO file format which needs to burn to a DVD.
What to do if you don't have a DVD drive? You can create a bootable USB drive to install Windows 7.
Microsoft has released a new utility "Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool" which allows you to create a bootable USB drive to install Windows 7. It also allows you to create bootable DVD.
You can download it using following link:
How to Use:
- After downloading and installing the tool, when you launch it, it'll ask you to select the path where you have stored Windows 7 ISO file. Provide the ISO file path and click on "Next" button.
- Now it'll ask you whether you want to create bootable USB drive or DVD. Click on the desired button.
- If you select "USB Device", it'll ask you to insert the USB device. If your USB device is compatible, it'll be automatically detected by the tool.
- Click on "Begin Copying" button. Now you'll be prompted to format the USB device. Accept the confirmation.
- That's it. The tool will start copying the installation files to USB device.
- At last, it'll show a message that "Bootable USB device created successfully".
- Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Pentium 233-megahertz (MHz) processor or faster (300 MHz is recommended)
- 50MB of free space on your hard drive
- DVD-R drive or 4GB removable USB flash drive
You can also take a look at some other similar free tools to create bootable USB drives to install Windows using following link:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Remove Website URL from Internet Explorer Addressbar History?
- [Fix] “Get Windows 10” Upgrade App Icon is Missing in Taskbar
- [Fun Tip] Maximize Windows or Dialog Box When Maximize Button is Disabled
- How to Disable Automatic Upgrade to Latest Windows Version in Windows 8 and 8.1
- How to Customize AM and PM Symbols in System Tray Clock in Windows?
- Download Royale Blue, Luna and Zune Remix Themes for Windows 7