Collection of Best Registry Tweaks to Speed Up Your Windows
We here at AskVG always try our best to share useful Registry tweaks and tips to make your Windows faster and user friendly. We have posted several guides to add extra functionality to Windows as well as to customize Windows UI and built-in features.
Many times readers request us to post an ultimate registry script which can automatically tweak Windows settings so that they don't need to modify Registry manually.
That's why, today in this topic we are going to share an exclusive Registry script which will tweak a few internal settings of Windows OS to optimize your system performance and to add a few extra features.
This Registry script can be used in Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 and later OS without any problem. We assure you it'll not harm your system in any way and its completely safe to apply.
STEP 1: Copy following code and paste in Notepad. Save the file with the name "Tweaks.reg" (including quotes) and then run the file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
;Created by Vishal Gupta for AskVG.com
STEP 2: Restart your system to take effect and get ready to experience super fast Windows.
Download Ready-Made Registry Script
If you don't want to create the registry file manually, you can download a ready-made Registry script using following link. Download the ZIP file, extract it and you'll get the REG file:
An uninstallation Registry script is also available in the ZIP file to restore default settings.
If you are worried what this registry script is going to do in your system, here is a description of all the tweaks included in the file:
- Adds "Copy To" and "Move To" options in files and folders context menu, so that you can easily copy and move them to other locations.
AutoEndTasks - Forces Windows to automatically end user services when the user logs off or shuts down the computer. It'll prevent the "Closing apps and shutting down, This app is preventing shutdown" screen from appearing. Check this topic for detailed info.
HungAppTimeout - Reduces system waiting time before killing user processes when the user clicks on "End Task" button in Task Manager.
MenuShowDelay - Decreases menus show delay time, it'll make the menus show faster upon clicking.
WaitToKillAppTimeout - Reduces system waiting time before killing user processes when the user logs off or shuts down the computer.
LowLevelHooksTimeout - Reduces system waiting time before killing not responding services.
MouseHoverTime - Reduces popup delay time to show popup description faster when you move mouse cursor over an item.
NoLowDiskSpaceChecks - Disables the low disk space check so that you don't get the annoying low disk space notification in system tray.
LinkResolveIgnoreLinkInfo - Prevents Windows from wasting time in searching for a program which no longer exists in your system when you try to open its shortcut.
NoResolveSearch - Prevents Windows from searching for the disk drive to resolve a shortcut.
NoResolveTrack - Prevents Windows from using NTFS file system's tracking feature to resolve a shortcut.
NoInternetOpenWith - Disables "Search on Internet" prompt in "Open with" window so that you can directly see available programs list.
WaitToKillServiceTimeout - Reduces system waiting time before stopping services when the services are notified about shut down process.
- Master Tutorial to Make Windows 10 Super Fast
- Master Tutorial to Make Windows 8 / 8.1 Super Fast
- Master Tutorial to Make Windows 7 Super Fast
- Master Tutorial to Make Windows Vista Super Fast
- Master Tutorial to Make Windows XP Super Fast
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Fix “Your Purchase Couldn’t Be Completed” Error Message, When You Try to Download Apps from Windows 8 Store
- Download Microsoft Office 2013 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- [Tip] Enable Hidden Secret “Profile Manager” Feature in Google Chrome
- [Fix] “This File does not have a Program Associated with it for Performing This Action” Error Message in Windows
- Create Bootable USB Drive or DVD of Windows Setup Using “Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool” from Microsoft
- How to Add “God Mode” Icon in Control Panel and My Computer in Windows 7 and Later?