We here at AskVG always try our best to share useful Registry tweaks and tips to make your Windows faster and user friendly. We have posted several guides to add extra functionality to Windows as well as to customize Windows UI and built-in features. You can read these interesting articles in our popular articles page.
Many times readers request us to post an ultimate registry script which can automatically tweak Windows settings so that they don't need to modify Registry manually.
That's why, today in this topic we are going to share an exclusive Registry script which will tweak a few internal settings of Windows OS to optimize your system performance and to add a few extra features.
This Registry script can be used in Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 without any problem.
If you are worried what this registry script is going to do in your system, here is a description of all the tweaks included in the file:
- Adds "Copy To" and "Move To" options in files and folders context menu, so that you can easily copy and move them to other locations.
- Sets Windows to automatically end task of programs which are either hanged or taking longer time than expected to exit.
- Decreases menus show delay time, it'll make the menus show faster upon clicking.
- Reduces popup delay time to show popup description faster when you move mouse cursor over an item.
- Disables the low disk space check so that you don't get the annoying low disk space notification in system tray.
- Sets Windows to not waste time in searching for a program which no longer exists in your system when you try to open its shortcut.
- Disables "Search on Internet" prompt in "Open with" window so that you can directly see available programs list.
Now if you are satisfied with the above description, feel free to apply the script. We assure you it'll not harm your system in any way and its completely safe to apply.
Just copy following code and paste it in Notepad. Save the file with the name "Tweaks.reg" (including quotes) and then run the file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
;Created by Vishal Gupta for AskVG.com
At last restart your system to take effect and get ready to experience super fast Windows.
PS: If you don't want to create the REG file manually, you can download a ready-made Registry script using following link. Download the ZIP file, extract it and you'll get the REG file:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Virus Removal] Is Your Computer Infected with Virus, Spyware, Adware or Trojan?
- How to Change or Remove “Genuine Windows Activation” Logo and “Learn More Online” Link from Windows 7 System Properties?
- Autorun Manager: Portable Utility to Disable / Enable Autorun Functionality in Windows
- Get Windows 8 “Win+X” Menu in Windows XP, Vista and 7 Using WinPlusX
- How to Import / Export (Backup / Restore) Tasks Using Task Scheduler in Windows?
- Permanently Set and Save Process Priority in Windows Task Manager Using Prio