Beware of “Anti-Virus-1”, Another Fake Antivirus in Town
Attention please! There is a new adware "Anti-Virus-1". Its a fake anti-virus program which looks like Windows default "Security Center".
Here is what the "Panda Labs" says:
It is designed to simulate a scan of the computer, supposedly detecting thousands of strains of (non-existent) malware. The end aim is to sell users a pay version of the fake antivirus in order to eliminate the threats.
When run, this adware warns the user that the computer is not protected. The main screen displayed is a spoof of the Window Security Center.
It then pretends to scan the system for malware. If users do not immediately take the bait and buy the pay version of the fake antivirus, the malicious code will sporadically display a message reminding the user that the computer is infected.
In warning messages, and after the fake scan, a link is provided from which users can download the fake antivirus. Anyone clicking on the link will be redirected to a page like this.
Additionally, when infected users visit certain Web pages with comparative reviews of antivirus products, there will be redirected to a spoof page showing a review of an 'antivirus', called Antivirus2010, with functions and characteristics similar to Anti-Virus-1.
So make sure you don't install this or any other fake-antivirus program. If your system is suffering with virus infection, then follow instructions given in following topic:
Also install a good and genuine anti-virus. You can use following article to test the efficiency of your existing security programs:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Disable or Remove Annoying Ads from Yahoo! Messenger?
- How to Disable Annoying Caps Lock Key in Windows?
- How to Enable Hidden “Aero Lite” Theme in Windows 8 and Later?
- FileMenu Tools: Free Utility to Customize Context Menu in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Download Awesome “Nyan Cat” Progress Bar Utility for Windows 7
- Hidden Secret Trick to Take Screenshot on Samsung Galaxy and Other Google Android Devices