Add “Windows Apps” Cascading Menu in My Computer Context Menu in Windows 7 and Later
Recently we posted a tutorial for adding your favorite programs shortcuts under cascading menus in Windows 7 Desktop and My Computer context menus:
It might become very useful if you want to add your frequently used programs or system tools under separate groups.
Today in this article, we are providing a ready-made registry script which can add a new cascading menu "Windows Apps" in Windows 7 My Computer context menu which contains following useful shortcuts under it:
- Character Map
- Command Prompt
- Disk Defragmenter
- Internet Explorer
- Problem Steps Recorder
- Snipping Tool
- Sound Recorder
- System Restore
- Task Scheduler
- Windows Media Player
By default, it adds the cascading menu in the middle of context menu. But if you want, you can add it at top or bottom of context menu.
There are 3 different scripts included in the ZIP file, simply run the desired REG file to add the cascading menu.
There is also an uninstallation script available in the ZIP file so that you can remove the cascading menu.
PS: If the cascading menu doesn't work for you, first take ownership of following keys in Registry Editor:
Then run the registry script again.
- Add "System Tools" Cascading Menu in My Computer Context Menu in Windows 7 and Later
- Add "System Shortcuts" Cascading Menu in My Computer Context Menu in Windows 7 and Later
- Add "Desktop Shortcuts" Cascading Menu in My Computer Context Menu in Windows 7 and Later
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Aero Color Show: Yet Another Free Tool to Get Windows 8 Aero Auto-Colorization Feature in Windows 7
- How to Change or Remove “Genuine Windows Activation” Logo and “Learn More Online” Link from Windows 7 System Properties?
- Microsoft Introduces Outlook.com, New Email Service with Metro UI
- [Review] What’s New in Windows 8.1?
- Download Best and Top 5 Free Antivirus and Anti-Spyware Software for Windows
- [Direct Download Links] Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) Build