vLite: Freeware to Create Unattended Setup Disc of Windows Vista, Slipstream Service Packs and Integrate Drivers
Recently we posted about nLite tool for Windows XP users:
vLite is a similar tool for customizing the Windows Vista installation before actually installing it.
Main features are:
- Slipstream service packs and hotfixes
- Language packs and driver integration
- Component removal
- Unattended setup
- Split/merge Vista installation CDs
- Create ISO and burn bootable CD/DVD
Windows Vista from Microsoft takes a lot of resources, we all know that. vLite provides you with an easy removal of the unwanted components in order to make Vista run faster and to your liking.
This tool doesn't use any kind of editing, all files and registry entries are protected as they would be if you install the unedited version only with the changes you select.
It configures the installation directly before the installation, meaning you'll have to remake the ISO and reinstall it. This method is much cleaner, not to mention easier and more logical than doing it after installation on every reinstall.
Download Link (discontinued...)
Other similar articles that may interest you
- YouTube’s Hidden Secret Easter Eggs
- [Start Screen] How to Pin, Resize, Move, Close or Uninstall Metro App Tiles in Windows 8 and Later?
- How to Restore Accidentally Uninstalled Built-in Apps in Windows 8?
- Add Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, Switch User, Lock and Log Off Options to Windows 7 Taskbar Using JumpControl
- Google Search Got New Interface in IE11 on Windows 8.1, Try NOW
- Hidden Secret Features and Useful Hotkeys in Windows 8 and Later