UserTile: Freeware to Get Windows 8 User Picture Tile (Avatar) in Taskbar Notification Area of Windows 7
If you are regularly reading topics about Windows 8 here at AskVG, you must be knowing about "User Picture Tile" feature introduced in Windows 8 which shows user picture as a small tile in notification area of Windows Taskbar.
We have posted about a freeware "Taskbar UserTile" in past which brings the same feature to Windows 7 users:
Today we are going to share another free software which does the same thing with some extra advanced options.
"UserTile" is a free utility created by "laushung" @ DA which shows Windows 8 look-like user picture tile in Windows 7 Taskbar.
According to developer, this tool pulls your entire online persona into one place. This will include things like your Facebook and Windows Live Messenger status, Twitter, email, all of the things that make you on the net.
You can receive updates and keep in touch with everyone without having to open multiple windows. You only need to set your status once and it'll get pushed to all of your online services.
- The user tile fits into the Taskbar properly, no more overlapping the clock.
- It's dual screen aware. There isn't any worry having multiple displays. It'll always appear in Taskbar.
- It's Taskbar position aware. It doesn't matter where the Taskbar is. It'll always display correctly in the corner.
- It automatically grabs the display picture from either the system account or Windows Live Messenger. It can also display the motion display pictures found in the WLM 2010.
Its currently under testing, so you might get bugs. Also please note that you must be running Windows Live Messenger BEFORE you run UserTile. Otherwise you will get an error message.
You can download it using following link:
Thanks to our reader "EGA" for sharing it...
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Play Popular Game “Angry Birds” on Any Website Using Your Web Browser
- [Windows 10 Tip] Remove Icons from Navigation Pane of This PC
- How to Auto-Hide or Disable Command Bar in Windows Vista and 7 Explorer?
- How to Remove Useless “Bookmarks” Button from Bookmarks Toolbar in Mozilla Firefox?
- [Fix] SSL Error or Invalid Security Certificate Problem While Opening Facebook or Other Websites
- [Guide] How to Create Portable Version of Windows 8 on USB Drive Using “Windows To Go” Feature?