UAC Tweak: Small Utility to Tweak UAC (User Account Control) Settings in Windows
Microsoft has added a new feature "User Account Control (UAC)" in Windows Vista and later which is a good addition. It prevents malicious programs to install in your system as well as it also prevents basic users to accidentally change system critical settings which can be harmful to the system.
Although its a good feature but sometimes it becomes annoying to experienced users who know what they are doing with their system. So if you also find UAC prompts annoying, then here is a very small but excellent utility "UAC Tweak" made by our friend "Tom" which can easily turn off UAC or can set the UAC settings to High, Medium, Low so that you get less annoying UAC prompts.
As you can see in the above screenshots, you can choose any desired option and it'll apply it immediately. Restart your system to take affect.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- WinThunder: Get Quick Access to Weather, Favorite Shortcuts, Files, Folders, Apps in Windows 7 System Tray
- How to Modify or Disable ScanDisk Timeout Value on Windows Startup?
- How to Add More Speed Dials in Opera Web Browser?
- How to Remove Website URL from Internet Explorer Addressbar History?
- How to Add Your Name in Desktop Context Menu in Windows XP?
- How to Enable / Disable “Always use the selected program to open this kind of file” Option in Open With Dialog Box?