Transform Windows 7 into Windows 8 Using “Windows 8 UX Pack 4.0”
UPDATE: New version 4.0 released which comes with some fixes and new UI updates to match Windows 8 Consumer Preview interface.
We have posted many Windows 8 themes for Windows 7 users which bring Windows 8 Metro UI to Windows 7. You can find them in our "Themes and Wallpapers" section.
We have also posted a detailed tutorial which helps you in making Windows 7 look-like Windows 8:
Today we are going to share a new Windows 8 transformation pack for Windows 7 users.
"Windows 8 UX Pack" is a new transformation pack created by our friend "windowsx" @ DA which provides Windows 8 user interface in Windows 7 without modifying system files.
- Instantly dress up Windows 7 to upcoming Windows 8 in one minute
- Seamless installation and uninstallation giving user's confidence and security in system
- Easily configurable in single click with intelligence Metro UI design
- UxStyle memory patching
- Windows 8 Aero, Aero Lite or Metro theme
- Instant Developer Preview, M3 and Metro wallpaper/logon screen customization
- UserTile with current user auto-configured on login
- Metro UI desktop emulation with pre-configured gadgets
- Aero's auto-colorization feature
You can run this program again to re-configure or uninstall.
You can download it using following link:
NOTE: Remember to create a System Restore point first before installing the skin pack so that you can restore default files and settings in case you face any problem. Also check following tutorial if you want to uninstall this transformation pack in future:
PS: If you are a Windows XP user, check out following:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Microsoft Office 2010 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Download Windows 8 Consumer Preview (Beta) Theme for Windows 7
- Comparison between Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome Web Browsers
- AOMEI Backupper Professional Giveaway Winners List
- [Fun Tip] Maximize Windows or Dialog Box When Maximize Button is Disabled
- How to Restore / Reinstall All Uninstalled Desktop Gadgets in Windows Vista and 7