[Tip] How to Show More Apps with Small Icons in Windows 8.1 Apps Screen
Recently we told you about Update 1 for Windows 8.1 operating system which fixes several issues and brings many new features to Windows 8.1. Some of you might have already installed the new Update in your Windows 8.1 computers.
Windows 8.1 Update 1 comes with many cool and useful features such as new power and search buttons on Start Screen, ability to pin metro apps to Taskbar, etc. You can learn about all these new features with the help of following exclusive review of Windows 8.1 Update 1:
Microsoft has also made many changes in "All Apps" page also known as "Apps View" screen in Windows 8.1 Update 1. Now it shows a new indicator on Start Screen if new apps are installed in your system. Also the columns are now wider and contain more spacing for better view.
Some of you might not like this extra spacing between app titles in Apps view page because it takes more space and shows less apps on screen. That's why Microsoft has provided a new option to show small icons and decrease spacing between apps in App View page.
With the help of this tutorial, you'll be able to show more apps in Apps View page of Windows 8.1:
1. Go to Start Screen and click on small arrow icon present at the bottom-left corner of screen. Alternatively you can press "Ctrl+Tab" keys together to show All Apps page as mentioned here.
2. Now move your mouse cursor to top-right or bottom-right corner to access Charms Bar. Click on Settings and then click on Tiles option.
3. Now enable "Show more apps in Apps view" option and it'll immediately decrease app icon size and spacing between app titles.
That's it. The other option "Show administrative tools" can be used to show Administrative Tools such as Task Scheduler, Service Manager, Computer Management, etc in Apps View page.
Posted in: Windows 8 / 8.1
Other similar articles that may interest you
- BlueStacks: Run Google Android and Windows Together in Parallel
- How to Stop Windows Live Mail from Blocking Unsupported File Types in Attachments
- Auslogics Registry Cleaner: A Free Windows Registry Maintenance Tool
- [Tip] How to Disable All WIN+ Keyboard Shortcuts (Hotkeys) in Windows?
- [Tip] Remove Shadow Effect from Window Borders in Windows 10
- How to Get the Old Thin Taskbar Buttons with Text Back in Windows 7 and Later?