Set Explorer View as Default for My Computer and Other Folder Windows in Windows XP
When you open My Computer or any other folder in Windows XP, it shows the Common Tasks in left side as default view.
When you open Windows Explorer, it shows Folder list in left side as default view.
Many people like me find Explorer view more convenient and useful rather than the common tasks pane. So here is a small trick which can be used to set "Explorer" view as default in My Computer and all folder windows. So whenever you'll open My Computer or any folder, it'll show Folder list just like Windows Explorer instead of the common tasks in left side.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. In right-side pane, set value of "Default" to explore
3. That's it. Now open My Computer or any other folder, it'll show Folder List in left side pane.
NOTE: To revert back to default view, just delete Default key from right-side pane mentioned in Step 2.
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- A Complete Guide for Tweaking User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista and Later
- Auslogics Registry Cleaner: A Free Windows Registry Maintenance Tool
- XLaunchpad: Download Free Portable Tool to Get Mac OS X Lion “Launchpad” in Windows
- How to Customize Thumbnail Preview Border for Images and Videos in Windows Explorer?
- How to Bypass Start Screen and Direct Boot into Desktop in Windows 8.1?
- [Video] New Features in Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC)