We are back with another exclusive app for our readers. Today in this topic we are going to share a free and portable software for Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users. This freeware has been created by our reader "Cedric Poottaren" who also developed our recent exclusive app Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Offline Installer for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
The name of this new AskVG exclusive app is "Power Scheduler" and as the name suggests, this app helps you in scheduling power operations such as shutdown, restart, etc in Windows OS.
Many times you want to shutdown, restart or lock Windows at a certain time but Windows doesn't provide any built-in and easy to find option to schedule power operations. Although you can use the built-in Task Scheduler program for this task but its not very easy to use or user friendly.
"Power Scheduler" is a free software for Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 users which allows you to schedule shutdown, restart, hibernate and lock operations at any desired time.
It comes with a very simple and easy to understand interface. You just need to select desired power operation from the "Select Shutdown Mode" drop-down box and then set the desired time using "Action Time" section and at last click on "Set Timer" button. As soon as you click on "Set Timer" button, it'll ask you to set a password for scheduled task so that no one else can cancel your task.
As soon as the action time comes, the program automatically performs the scheduled power operation.
You can cancel the scheduled task at any time by clicking on "Cancel" button. It'll ask for the password which you set at the time of task creation, enter the correct password and it'll cancel the task.
Its a nice little utility which might come handy in future so it would be a good addition to your portable apps collection. You can also carry it on your USB drive as its portable and doesn't need installation.
It comes in 2 versions: one for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 and the other for Windows 8 and 8.1. Interested people can download it using following link:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- 7Customizer: Freeware to Customize and Tweak Windows 7 Installation Disc
- Download Windows File Protection (WFP) Service Patcher or Switcher
- How to Fix “Unexpected Installation Error -203″ Problem While Installing Extensions and Themes in Mozilla Firefox?
- Get Google Chrome “New Tab Page” in Mozilla Firefox Using Google Toolbar
- DeskIntegrator: Portable Utility to Add Program Shortcuts in Windows Vista and 7 Desktop Context Menu
- How to Add Useful Shortcuts, Files and Folders in My Computer Window Using Hidden Network Shortcuts Trick