Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 15063 Available for Download
UPDATED on Mar 20, 2017: Release of Windows 10 Insider Preview build 15063 for mobiles.
NOTE: These are testing builds of Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview officially released by Microsoft. These builds are under development and testing phase and may contain bugs, issues and other problems. They may also make your phone not bootable in some rare situations. So install and use these builds at your own risk. If something goes wrong, you can try to repair your phone by restoring default firmware using Windows Phone Recovery Tool.
If you are using Windows 10 Insider Preview (previously known as Technical Preview) for mobile phones, here is a good news for you. Microsoft has released a new build 15063 of Windows 10 Insider Preview for mobile phones. This build comes with fixes for many issues which we'll discuss later in this topic.
What's New and Fixed in This Build?
Following are the new features, improvements and fixes in this new build:
- Fixed the bug causing a number of inbox apps to fail to launch (such as Store) and also preventing any app updates from the Store from working.
- Fixed the bug causing background tasks to not run in the background like they should such as OneDrive's camera roll sync feature. Background tasks should be working again as expected and your camera roll will sync to OneDrive again.
- Fixed the issue where in some cases you may lose your call, text, and email history may be lost if your device experiences an unexpected reboot.
- Speech Packs should download and install normally.
- [Fixed] Issue for Insiders with certain cars resulting in connection failures after pairing Bluetooth.
- [Fixed] Issue where replacing the default APN for LTE on the phone wouldn't work.
List of Supported Mobile Phones
At the moment you can install Windows 10 Insider Preview build in following mobile phones only:
- Lumia 430, 435
- Lumia 532, 535, 540, 550
- Lumia 635 (1GB), 636 (1GB), 638 (1GB), 640, 640 XL, 650
- Lumia 730, 735
- Lumia 830
- Lumia 929 (ICON), 930, 950, 950 XL
- Lumia 1520
- Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL
- BLU Win HD W510U
- BLU Win HD LTE X150e
- BLU Win HD LTE X150Q
- BLU Win JR X130e
- MCJ Madosma Q501
- Xiaomi Mi4
Some mobile phones are still not supported in this build. But Microsoft is working hard to make Windows 10 Insider Preview build to support all the remaining Lumia and non-Lumia phones.
How to Update or Install This New Build?
If you are already using Windows 10 Insider Preview in your phone, you can update to this new build by following these simple steps:
- Open Settings app and go to Update & Recovery
- Now open Phone Update and then tap on Check for Updates option
Now it'll automatically check for new updates and will install the new build in your mobile phone.
Please note that this new build is only available on Fast ring. If you want to change from Fast ring to Slow ring or vice versa, open Windows Insider app in your phone, login with your Microsoft account and then change ring settings.
If you are not using Windows 10 Insider Preview in your phone but want to try the new build, you can install it in your phone with the help of following tutorial:
Windows Phone users who are using the Insider Preview build, must install this new update build to experience the new features and more stability...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Registry Tweak to Change “Photo Viewer” or “Photo Gallery” Background Color in Windows
- How to Customize AM and PM Symbols in System Tray Clock in Windows?
- iPhone Tips-n-Tricks and Hidden Secret Service Codes
- [Bug Fix] Lock Screen Shows Solid Black Background in Windows 10
- [Fix] Bold and Italic Font Problem in Windows
- How to Remove Search Box from New Tab Page in Internet Explorer?