Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14376 Available for Download
UPDATED on June 28, 2016: Release of Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14376 for mobiles.
NOTE: These are testing builds of Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview officially released by Microsoft. These builds are under development and testing phase and may contain bugs, issues and other problems. They may also make your phone not bootable in some rare situations. So install and use these builds at your own risk. If something goes wrong, you can try to repair your phone by restoring default firmware using Windows Phone Recovery Tool.
If you are using Windows 10 Insider Preview (previously known as Technical Preview) for mobile phones, here is a good news for you. Microsoft has released a new build 14376 of Windows 10 Insider Preview for mobile phones. This build comes with fixes for many issues which we'll discuss later in this topic.
What's New and Fixed in This Build?
Following are the new features, improvements and fixes in this new build:
- Update to Store (11606.1001.25) that improves performance and reliability and includes fixes for accessibility as well.
- The Gadgets app has been updated to fix issues using it with a Microsoft Display Dock.
- [Fixed] Issue that could result in tiles pinned to Start from within an app being blank after a restore. Also fixed an issue that could result in multiple Live tiles no longer updating until the phone had been rebooted.
- [Fixed] Issue making it difficult to download certain offline maps via Settings -> System -> Offline maps, as the list would jump back to the top when you reached close to the bottom.
- [Fixed] Issue resulting in the Camera app intermittently freezing for a second when used in certain apps.
- [Fixed] Issue resulting in links no longer working in Microsoft Edge after exiting one-handed mode while a webpage is loading. Also fixed an issue where the enter key would act as if it had been pressed twice on some websites, resulting in two new lines being entered.
- Improved the reliability of going between camera roll and Camera app.
- [Fixed] Issue where estimated time remaining for battery life under Settings -> System -> Battery could be clipped. Also improved performance of enumerating the list of apps in under Settings -> System -> Storage.
- [Fixed] Issue where the link in Cortana to download a speech language would open the Settings app homepage instead of going directly to Settings -> Time and language -> Language.
- [Fixed] Issue where the checkmarks in checkboxes in high contrast mode didn't use the correct contrast ratio making them difficult to see.
Known Issues in This Build
Following are the known issues with their workarounds in this new build:
- You can open PDFs in Microsoft Edge but won't be able to use touch to interact with the PDF (such as scrolling, pan or zoom). When you try to use touch to interact with a PDF, it will constantly reload the PDF.
- Microsoft is changing the backup format for Windows 10 Mobile devices to reduce the size of the backup stored in OneDrive. As a result, if you do a backup on a device running the latest Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds and move back to the released version of Windows 10 Mobile (build 10586) and restore from your backup, your Start screen layout won't restore and remain the default Start layout. Your previous backup also gets overwritten. If you need to go back to build 10586 temporarily, once you are on build 10586 you should disable backup so it doesn't overwrite the good backup from Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds.
- Microsoft is investigating decreases in battery life on older devices such as the Lumia 830, 930, and 1520 (devices with SoC 8974 chipsets).
- Microsoft is investigating Wi-Fi disconnect issues.
List of Supported Mobile Phones
At the moment you can install Windows 10 Insider Preview build in following mobile phones only:
- Lumia 430, 435
- Lumia 532, 535, 540, 550
- Lumia 635 (1GB), 636 (1GB), 638 (1GB), 640, 640 XL, 650
- Lumia 730, 735
- Lumia 830
- Lumia 929 (ICON), 930, 950, 950 XL
- Lumia 1520
- Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL
- BLU Win HD W510U
- BLU Win HD LTE X150e
- BLU Win HD LTE X150Q
- BLU Win JR X130e
- MCJ Madosma Q501
- Xiaomi Mi4
Some mobile phones are still not supported in this build. But Microsoft is working hard to make Windows 10 Insider Preview build to support all the remaining Lumia and non-Lumia phones.
How to Update or Install This New Build?
If you are already using Windows 10 Insider Preview in your phone, you can update to this new build by following these simple steps:
- Open Settings app and go to Update & Recovery
- Now open Phone Update and then tap on Check for Updates option
Now it'll automatically check for new updates and will install the new build in your mobile phone.
Please note that this new build is only available on Fast ring. If you want to change from Fast ring to Slow ring or vice versa, open Windows Insider app in your phone, login with your Microsoft account and then change ring settings.
If you are not using Windows 10 Insider Preview in your phone but want to try the new build, you can install it in your phone with the help of following tutorial:
Windows Phone users who are using the Insider Preview build, must install this new update build to experience the new features and more stability...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Registry Tweak to Force Automatic Restart in Windows 8 After Installing Important Updates
- How to Enable Tools -> Folder Options and Registry Editor in Windows
- How to Enable Folder Merge Conflict Message in Windows 8 and Later?
- How to Disable Automatic Upgrade to Latest Windows Version in Windows 8 and 8.1
- Windows 10 Upgrade Paths and List of Deprecated Features with Alternatives
- [Guide] Download Windows 7 Setup ISO for Clean Installation