Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 15031 Available for Download
UPDATED on Feb 09, 2017: Release of Windows 10 Insider Preview build 15031 for mobiles.
NOTE: These are testing builds of Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview officially released by Microsoft. These builds are under development and testing phase and may contain bugs, issues and other problems. They may also make your phone not bootable in some rare situations. So install and use these builds at your own risk. If something goes wrong, you can try to repair your phone by restoring default firmware using Windows Phone Recovery Tool.
If you are using Windows 10 Insider Preview (previously known as Technical Preview) for mobile phones, here is a good news for you. Microsoft has released a new build 15031 of Windows 10 Insider Preview for mobile phones. This build comes with fixes for many issues which we'll discuss later in this topic.
What's New and Fixed in This Build?
Following are the new features, improvements and fixes in this new build:
- New "Share" icon
- [Fixed] Issue in recent Insider builds where certain calendar appointments could result in a Mail crash with every sync. This issue could also result in issues sending and receiving SMS.
- [Fixed] Issue where pausing a streaming track, for example in Groove Music, would result in no more re-buffering when playback is resumed, leading to choppy playback audio.
- [Fixed] Issue where text copied from a PDF in Microsoft Edge couldn't be pasted.
- [Fixed] Issue where the ninja cats on the People and Animals page of the keyboard were displaying in two characters on the keyboard instead of the expected one.
- Added the rainbow flag emoji to the keyboard. You can find it in the transportation and weather section.
- Updated Keyboard Settings so that "Switch back to letters after I type an emoticon" is now off by default.
- [Fixed] Issue where Microsoft Edge might sometimes unexpectedly not rotate into landscape mode.
- [Fixed] Issue where, if the phone was connected to the PC, deleting an entire folder (without opening the folder) on the phone from the PC's file explorer might not result in the folder actually being deleted on the phone. Also fixed an issue where (still connected to the PC) the phone might freeze for a short while after cancelling copying content to the SD card.
- [Fixed] Issue resulting in some games with an explicit option to "exit game" unexpectedly taking a long time to close.
- [Fixed] Issue resulting in some games were drawing up and to the left offscreen in recent flights.
- [Fixed] Issue where receiving a notification while the phone was in your pocket could unexpectedly result in the screen turning on.
- Improved reliability when handling malformed Gifs in XAML-based apps.
Known Issues in This Build
Following are the known issues with their workarounds in this new build:
- Speech packs will be unable to download on this build.
- Adding a new card / paying with an existing card will not work in Microsoft Wallet.
- Going to Settings > Devices will crash the Settings app. You will be unable to pair a Bluetooth device. Already paired devices should continue working.
- Bluetooth quick action in Action Center does not work.
- Continuum will not work when attempting to connect wirelessly. However, using Continuum with a dock should work normally.
- Wireless display functionality is not working (Miracast).
List of Supported Mobile Phones
At the moment you can install Windows 10 Insider Preview build in following mobile phones only:
- Lumia 430, 435
- Lumia 532, 535, 540, 550
- Lumia 635 (1GB), 636 (1GB), 638 (1GB), 640, 640 XL, 650
- Lumia 730, 735
- Lumia 830
- Lumia 929 (ICON), 930, 950, 950 XL
- Lumia 1520
- Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL
- BLU Win HD W510U
- BLU Win HD LTE X150e
- BLU Win HD LTE X150Q
- BLU Win JR X130e
- MCJ Madosma Q501
- Xiaomi Mi4
Some mobile phones are still not supported in this build. But Microsoft is working hard to make Windows 10 Insider Preview build to support all the remaining Lumia and non-Lumia phones.
How to Update or Install This New Build?
If you are already using Windows 10 Insider Preview in your phone, you can update to this new build by following these simple steps:
- Open Settings app and go to Update & Recovery
- Now open Phone Update and then tap on Check for Updates option
Now it'll automatically check for new updates and will install the new build in your mobile phone.
Please note that this new build is only available on Fast ring. If you want to change from Fast ring to Slow ring or vice versa, open Windows Insider app in your phone, login with your Microsoft account and then change ring settings.
If you are not using Windows 10 Insider Preview in your phone but want to try the new build, you can install it in your phone with the help of following tutorial:
Windows Phone users who are using the Insider Preview build, must install this new update build to experience the new features and more stability...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download AeroVG Ei8ht and Ei8ht.1ne Themes for Windows 8 / 8.1
- Mozilla Firefox Update Channels: Nightly, Aurora, Developer, Beta and Release
- Microsoft Confirms Existence of App Store in Windows 8
- How to Move / Show “Details Pane” at Top in Windows Vista and 7 Explorer?
- Power Scheduler: Freeware to Schedule Shutdown, Restart, Hibernate and Lock Operations in Windows
- Glass Toast: Get Longhorn Style Glassy Notification Balloon Popups in Windows XP, 2003 and Vista