Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14926 Available for Download
UPDATED on Sep 14, 2016: Release of Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14926 for mobiles.
NOTE: These are testing builds of Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview officially released by Microsoft. These builds are under development and testing phase and may contain bugs, issues and other problems. They may also make your phone not bootable in some rare situations. So install and use these builds at your own risk. If something goes wrong, you can try to repair your phone by restoring default firmware using Windows Phone Recovery Tool.
If you are using Windows 10 Insider Preview (previously known as Technical Preview) for mobile phones, here is a good news for you. Microsoft has released a new build 14926 of Windows 10 Insider Preview for mobile phones. This build comes with fixes for many issues which we'll discuss later in this topic.
What's New and Fixed in This Build?
Following are the new features, improvements and fixes in this new build:
- Updated Wi-Fi settings page which can be accessed via Settings -> Network & wireless -> Wi-Fi.
- [Fixed] A scaling issue on devices such as the Lumia 635, 636, or 638 where the bottom of certain apps, like Messaging and Maps, would get cut off and rendered off screen.
- Addressed the largest cause of reliability issues in Microsoft Edge running on Insider Preview builds. This should improve reliability on major websites such as Facebook and Outlook.com.
- [Fixed] Issue resulting in the sound of key presses and lock/unlock being barely audible when the phone was using a moderate volume.
- [Fixed] Issue where, if Quiet Hours had been turned on, banner notifications might not start appearing again until Action Center was opened or an interactive notification popped up and was dismissed.
- [Fixed] Issue where Cortana would crash when trying to open Reminders page.
- Improved the reliability of VPN Settings page via Settings -> Network & wireless -> VPN.
- [Fixed] Issue resulting in the thumbnail for portrait videos displaying with an incorrect aspect ratio in the Photos app when panning through the Camera Roll.
Known Issues in This Build
Following are the known issues with their workarounds in this new build:
- Some devices such as the Lumia 650 will fail to install this build with Error 0x80188308.
- Action Center no longer closes if you swipe up on the empty space (area of Action Center that doesn't show any notifications).
- Using your phone as a mobile hotspot will work the first time but subsequent attempts to use the feature will result in the inability to enable the hotspot until the phone is rebooted.
List of Supported Mobile Phones
At the moment you can install Windows 10 Insider Preview build in following mobile phones only:
- Lumia 430, 435
- Lumia 532, 535, 540, 550
- Lumia 635 (1GB), 636 (1GB), 638 (1GB), 640, 640 XL, 650
- Lumia 730, 735
- Lumia 830
- Lumia 929 (ICON), 930, 950, 950 XL
- Lumia 1520
- Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL
- BLU Win HD W510U
- BLU Win HD LTE X150e
- BLU Win HD LTE X150Q
- BLU Win JR X130e
- MCJ Madosma Q501
- Xiaomi Mi4
Some mobile phones are still not supported in this build. But Microsoft is working hard to make Windows 10 Insider Preview build to support all the remaining Lumia and non-Lumia phones.
How to Update or Install This New Build?
If you are already using Windows 10 Insider Preview in your phone, you can update to this new build by following these simple steps:
- Open Settings app and go to Update & Recovery
- Now open Phone Update and then tap on Check for Updates option
Now it'll automatically check for new updates and will install the new build in your mobile phone.
Please note that this new build is only available on Fast ring. If you want to change from Fast ring to Slow ring or vice versa, open Windows Insider app in your phone, login with your Microsoft account and then change ring settings.
If you are not using Windows 10 Insider Preview in your phone but want to try the new build, you can install it in your phone with the help of following tutorial:
Windows Phone users who are using the Insider Preview build, must install this new update build to experience the new features and more stability...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- True Burner: Another Free CD / DVD Burning and Copying Software
- Remove Annoying Ads from Windows Live Messenger (WLM) using A-Patch
- Is Your PC Ready for Windows 8? Check Yourself Using Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant
- [Tip] Disable Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) Upgrade Notification in Windows 7
- [BSNL DataOne Tip] Check Data Usage or Add Extra GB to Your Broadband Plan
- AOMEI Backupper Professional Giveaway Winners List