Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14393 Available for Download
UPDATED on July 18, 2016: Release of Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14393 for mobiles.
NOTE: These are testing builds of Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview officially released by Microsoft. These builds are under development and testing phase and may contain bugs, issues and other problems. They may also make your phone not bootable in some rare situations. So install and use these builds at your own risk. If something goes wrong, you can try to repair your phone by restoring default firmware using Windows Phone Recovery Tool.
If you are using Windows 10 Insider Preview (previously known as Technical Preview) for mobile phones, here is a good news for you. Microsoft has released a new build 14393 of Windows 10 Insider Preview for mobile phones. This build comes with fixes for many issues which we'll discuss later in this topic.
What's New and Fixed in This Build?
Following are the new features, improvements and fixes in this new build:
- Fixed an issue resulting in rapid battery drain when Visual Voicemail syncs voicemail messages on Dual SIM devices like the Lumia 950 XL.
- Fixed an issue causing some battery drain on older devices like the Lumia 535, 640, 735, 830, 930 and Icon.
- Fixed the issue causing Voice Recorder to not show up consistently as an option for Call Recording. A app update was released last Friday that fixes this issue. Make sure you have the app version 10.1607.1931.0.
- Fixed several issues impacting Dual SIM capabilities. Using a device with two SIMs should work as it should.
Known Issues in This Build
Following are the known issues with their workarounds in this new build:
- Voice Recorder does not show up consistently as an option for Call Recording.
- Turning off Bluetooth can sometimes result in freeze, crash, or reset.
- Wallet users are prompted for a PIN twice when using tap to pay from a locked phone. You can enter their PIN twice and tap as usual once the phone is unlocked.
- Microsoft is changing the backup format for Windows 10 Mobile devices to reduce the size of the backup stored in OneDrive. As a result, if you do a backup on a device running the latest Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds and move back to the released version of Windows 10 Mobile (build 10586) and restore from your backup, your Start screen layout won't restore and remain the default Start layout. Your previous backup also gets overwritten. If you need to go back to build 10586 temporarily, once you are on build 10586 you should disable backup so it doesn't overwrite the good backup from Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds.
List of Supported Mobile Phones
At the moment you can install Windows 10 Insider Preview build in following mobile phones only:
- Lumia 430, 435
- Lumia 532, 535, 540, 550
- Lumia 635 (1GB), 636 (1GB), 638 (1GB), 640, 640 XL, 650
- Lumia 730, 735
- Lumia 830
- Lumia 929 (ICON), 930, 950, 950 XL
- Lumia 1520
- Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL
- BLU Win HD W510U
- BLU Win HD LTE X150e
- BLU Win HD LTE X150Q
- BLU Win JR X130e
- MCJ Madosma Q501
- Xiaomi Mi4
Some mobile phones are still not supported in this build. But Microsoft is working hard to make Windows 10 Insider Preview build to support all the remaining Lumia and non-Lumia phones.
How to Update or Install This New Build?
If you are already using Windows 10 Insider Preview in your phone, you can update to this new build by following these simple steps:
- Open Settings app and go to Update & Recovery
- Now open Phone Update and then tap on Check for Updates option
Now it'll automatically check for new updates and will install the new build in your mobile phone.
Please note that this new build is only available on Fast ring. If you want to change from Fast ring to Slow ring or vice versa, open Windows Insider app in your phone, login with your Microsoft account and then change ring settings.
If you are not using Windows 10 Insider Preview in your phone but want to try the new build, you can install it in your phone with the help of following tutorial:
Windows Phone users who are using the Insider Preview build, must install this new update build to experience the new features and more stability...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- TweakIE9: Tweaking Utility for Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 (IE9)
- iCalcy: Download iPhone Look-Like Calculator for Windows
- No More Charms Bar Annoyance for Windows 10 Users
- Download Exclusive AskVG and VistaVG Wallpapers for Your Desktop
- [Tip] Add an Option to Toggle Aero Glass Frame On or Off in Google Chrome?
- Pulmon: Yet Another Free Utility to Get Windows 8 Style Live Tiles with Metro UI on Windows Desktop