Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 15014 Available for Download
UPDATED on Jan 19, 2017: Release of Windows 10 Insider Preview build 15014 for mobiles.
NOTE: These are testing builds of Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview officially released by Microsoft. These builds are under development and testing phase and may contain bugs, issues and other problems. They may also make your phone not bootable in some rare situations. So install and use these builds at your own risk. If something goes wrong, you can try to repair your phone by restoring default firmware using Windows Phone Recovery Tool.
If you are using Windows 10 Insider Preview (previously known as Technical Preview) for mobile phones, here is a good news for you. Microsoft has released a new build 15014 of Windows 10 Insider Preview for mobile phones. This build comes with fixes for many issues which we'll discuss later in this topic.
What's New and Fixed in This Build?
Following are the new features, improvements and fixes in this new build:
- You can now purchase e-books directly from Windows Store and read them in Microsoft Edge.
- Wi-Fi Sense and Paid Wi-Fi Services settings have been merged into a single section entitled "Wi-Fi services" under Settings -> Network & Internet -> Wi-Fi section.
- Due to decreased usage, Apps Corner is no longer available in Windows 10 Mobile starting with Builds 15007 and above.
- Fixed the issue causing some devices on Build 15007 to frequently reboot.
- [Fixed] Issue resulting in the Windows Hello greeting being missing from the lock screen.
- Improved speed of displaying HTTP images on live tiles (for example, the images used on the MSN News app live tile).
- [Fixed] Issue where the phone's display wouldn't turn off in close proximity to your face when in a call and using Continuum.
- Stylized buttons in notifications are now aligned to the right – consistent with other system buttons in dialogs.
- [Fixed] Issue that might cause an Insider's custom typing dictionary to be unexpectedly deleted.
- [Fixed] Issue on the new Bluetooth & other devices Settings page where Miracast devices would always show as connected, even if they had been disconnected.
Known Issues in This Build
Following are the known issues with their workarounds in this new build:
- AAD Identity Settings Sync: Microsoft Edge does not sync Reading List from PC to phone unless there is a restart.
- AAD Identity Settings Sync: Microsoft Edge is syncing passwords on phone but not showing them in "saved passwords" in Microsoft Edge settings.
- When you receive a new email notification and tap on it to open the message, it doesn't open the Mail app or message.
- New option to pause updates contains text referencing PC-only Windows Defender.
- Insiders with certain devices, such as the Lumia 635 and 636, may not be able to manually change the brightness. The brightness will still automatically adjust if it is set to do so.
- The ninja cat emoji display in two characters on the keyboard instead of the expected one.
- Adding a new card / paying with an existing card will not work in Microsoft Wallet.
- The Quiet Hours quick action button in the Action Center doesn't work.
- Microsoft Edge might sometimes unexpectedly not rotate into landscape mode. If this happens, try quickly locking and unlocking your phone.
List of Supported Mobile Phones
At the moment you can install Windows 10 Insider Preview build in following mobile phones only:
- Lumia 430, 435
- Lumia 532, 535, 540, 550
- Lumia 635 (1GB), 636 (1GB), 638 (1GB), 640, 640 XL, 650
- Lumia 730, 735
- Lumia 830
- Lumia 929 (ICON), 930, 950, 950 XL
- Lumia 1520
- Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL
- BLU Win HD W510U
- BLU Win HD LTE X150e
- BLU Win HD LTE X150Q
- BLU Win JR X130e
- MCJ Madosma Q501
- Xiaomi Mi4
Some mobile phones are still not supported in this build. But Microsoft is working hard to make Windows 10 Insider Preview build to support all the remaining Lumia and non-Lumia phones.
How to Update or Install This New Build?
If you are already using Windows 10 Insider Preview in your phone, you can update to this new build by following these simple steps:
- Open Settings app and go to Update & Recovery
- Now open Phone Update and then tap on Check for Updates option
Now it'll automatically check for new updates and will install the new build in your mobile phone.
Please note that this new build is only available on Fast ring. If you want to change from Fast ring to Slow ring or vice versa, open Windows Insider app in your phone, login with your Microsoft account and then change ring settings.
If you are not using Windows 10 Insider Preview in your phone but want to try the new build, you can install it in your phone with the help of following tutorial:
Windows Phone users who are using the Insider Preview build, must install this new update build to experience the new features and more stability...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Disable Full Row Select Functionality in Windows Vista and Later Explorer?
- How to Disable “Install Windows Updates and Shut Down” Option in Windows Start Menu?
- What is Windows 8 Promo Code and How to Get or Use it?
- How to Open .Hlp Files in Windows Vista, 7 or 8 Which Require Windows Help Program (WinHlp32.exe)?
- How to Download or Order Windows 8 Setup DVD Online?
- Download Official Microsoft SkyDrive App for Windows, Mac and Mobile Phones