Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14905 Available for Download
UPDATED on Aug 17, 2016: Release of Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14905 for mobiles.
NOTE: These are testing builds of Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview officially released by Microsoft. These builds are under development and testing phase and may contain bugs, issues and other problems. They may also make your phone not bootable in some rare situations. So install and use these builds at your own risk. If something goes wrong, you can try to repair your phone by restoring default firmware using Windows Phone Recovery Tool.
If you are using Windows 10 Insider Preview (previously known as Technical Preview) for mobile phones, here is a good news for you. Microsoft has released a new build 14905 of Windows 10 Insider Preview for mobile phones. This build comes with fixes for many issues which we'll discuss later in this topic.
What's New and Fixed in This Build?
Following are the new features, improvements and fixes in this new build:
- Newly refined sound set in Settings -> Personalization -> Sounds.
- Missed call notifications are now more actionable, with inline options to call back, text or remind yourself to do something about it later.
- Fixed an issue where videos played in Windows Phone 8 apps might not pause when an incoming call was received.
- Fixed an issue where, if "Show my caller ID" is set to "My contacts", the contact being called might still see a blocked caller ID.
- Fixed an issue where the Lock screen might fail to update to the new time after a time zone change.
- Fixed an issue resulting in music not resuming after a call was finished, if Turn-by-Turn directions were being read out from the Maps app when the phone call came in.
Known Issues in This Build
Following are the known issues with their workarounds in this new build:
- If you move apps between a SD card and internal storage (either direction), those apps will get stuck in a pending state. The workaround to get your apps working again is to uninstall the app through Settings -> System -> Storage (apps cannot be uninstalled from All apps list). Then you can re-install the app from the Store.
- Cortana's text to speech capabilities is not working in this build. For example, Cortana won't be able to read text messages out loud for you, tell jokes, sing, or give verbal prompts.
List of Supported Mobile Phones
At the moment you can install Windows 10 Insider Preview build in following mobile phones only:
- Lumia 430, 435
- Lumia 532, 535, 540, 550
- Lumia 635 (1GB), 636 (1GB), 638 (1GB), 640, 640 XL, 650
- Lumia 730, 735
- Lumia 830
- Lumia 929 (ICON), 930, 950, 950 XL
- Lumia 1520
- Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL
- BLU Win HD W510U
- BLU Win HD LTE X150e
- BLU Win HD LTE X150Q
- BLU Win JR X130e
- MCJ Madosma Q501
- Xiaomi Mi4
Some mobile phones are still not supported in this build. But Microsoft is working hard to make Windows 10 Insider Preview build to support all the remaining Lumia and non-Lumia phones.
How to Update or Install This New Build?
If you are already using Windows 10 Insider Preview in your phone, you can update to this new build by following these simple steps:
- Open Settings app and go to Update & Recovery
- Now open Phone Update and then tap on Check for Updates option
Now it'll automatically check for new updates and will install the new build in your mobile phone.
Please note that this new build is only available on Fast ring. If you want to change from Fast ring to Slow ring or vice versa, open Windows Insider app in your phone, login with your Microsoft account and then change ring settings.
If you are not using Windows 10 Insider Preview in your phone but want to try the new build, you can install it in your phone with the help of following tutorial:
Windows Phone users who are using the Insider Preview build, must install this new update build to experience the new features and more stability...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows 10 Release Date, Pricing Details and System Requirements
- Download Free Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 VHD Images for Microsoft Virtual PC
- [Bug] Google Chrome Showing Thin Black Bar at Bottom of Window
- How to Enable “Inline AutoComplete” Feature in Windows Explorer and Run Dialog Box?
- How to Remove “Network” from Windows Explorer Navigation Pane?
- How to Disable Automatic Image Resizing in Mozilla Firefox?