Many times we want to restrict other people from changing our customized settings. We change various options to meet our requirements and suddenly someone comes, uses our system and modifies the settings. It takes lots of time to remember the previous settings and re-apply them.
Same case with our web browsers. In this topic we are going to talk about Mozilla Firefox. We'll learn about how to:
- Restrict Downloads in Mozilla Firefox
- Restrict Add-ons in Mozilla Firefox
- Restrict Options in Mozilla Firefox
- Restrict about:config in Mozilla Firefox
- Restrict Addition of Bookmarks in Mozilla Firefox
- Restrict History and Bookmarks Sidebar in Mozilla Firefox
- Restrict "Clear Private Data" window in Mozilla Firefox
Wouldn't it be great if we can have a single tool which can set one or all above mentioned restrictions in Firefox in a single go? Actually you are very lucky today.
We found an interesting add-on "Public Fox" which allows you to set various restrictions in Mozilla Firefox.
You can download the add-on using following link:
Once you install it, you can access it using "Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions". Select the add-on from the list and click on "Options" button.
As you can see in the above screenshot, you can set various restrictions using a Password. After applying the restriction, whenever you'll try to access a restricted feature, you'll be prompted to enter the password.
Its a must have add-on for Mozilla Firefox user. You get complete control over your browser using this great add-on.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Transform Windows XP into Windows 7 without using Customization Pack
- How to Upgrade from Existing Hotmail Account to New Outlook.com Email Account?
- Registry Tweak to Add “Copy as Path” Option in Files and Folders Context Menu in Windows
- How to Fix / Troubleshoot Various Taskbar Problems in Windows?
- How to Change or Customize Windows 7 Boot Screen Using Windows 7 Boot Updater
- Get Windows 8 “Win+X” Menu in Windows XP, Vista and 7 Using WinPlusX