How to Disable Aero Peek Feature in Windows 7 and Later?
Yesterday we told you about how to disable Aero Shake in Windows 7:
Now its turn of "Aero Peek" which has replaced the old "Show Desktop" button. It can be found as a small rectangle present at the end of Windows 7 taskbar. When you hover the mouse cursor over it, it allows you to peek behind all open windows by hiding all windows and showing only outlines of all windows.
You can follow this tutorial in case you want to disable "Aero Peek":
Method 1: Using Taskbar Properties
The most easiest way to disable "Aero Peek" is using Taskbar Properties.
1. Right-click on Taskbar and select "Properties". Now uncheck the option "Use Aero Peek to preview the desktop".
2. Click on Apply button and it'll disable Aero Peek feature.
Method 2: Using System Properties
You can also disable "Aero Peek" from System Properties.
1. Right-click on Computer icon on Desktop and select Properties (or press WIN + Pause/Break keys). Now click on Advanced system settings link in left side pane (You can open it directly by giving sysdm.cpl command in RUN or start menu search box).
2. Now click on Settings button in Performance section.
3. Now uncheck "Enable Aero Peek" option.
4. Click on Apply button and it'll disable "Aero Peek" feature in Windows 7.
Method 3: Using Registry Editor
You can also take help of following Registry tweak to turn "Aero Peek" feature off in Windows 7:
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start Menu Searchbox and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. In right-side pane, set value of DisablePreviewDesktop DWORD to 1
4. Restart or log off your system and Aero Peek will be disabled.
If you want to enable Aero Peek feature again in future, set value of DisablePreviewDesktop DWORD to 0.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Add Customized Strings (OEM Information) and Logo in System Properties Dialog Box of Windows XP
- How to Pin “Network Connections” Shortcut to Windows 7 Taskbar?
- [Windows Tip] Remove User Picture from Login Screen / Start Menu
- [Opera Tip] Disable Mute Tabs Feature on Websites
- How to Enable or Install Windows Media Center in Windows 8?
- How to Fix “Windows NT Setup Files Detected” Error Message While Running UXTheme Patcher in Windows XP