[Tip] Customize Text Shadow and Button Transparency Effects on Windows 7 Login Screen
As you all know Windows 7 allows to customize Login screen background without using any 3rd party software. You can simply follow a few easy steps to change the background easily and quickly which are mentioned in following tutorial:
Although you can change the background, but sometimes you might face problem with the text and buttons shown at login screen. When you use a light wallpaper as background, the text and buttons might not be visible properly, same case happens with a darker background.
To overcome this problem, Microsoft has provided a small registry trick to change the text and buttons look.
Here are the step-by-step instructions to customize text and button set look in Windows 7 login screen:
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start Menu Searchbox and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. In right-side pane, create a new DWORD value ButtonSet and set its value to any of following according to your requirements:
0 – Lighter text shadows, darker (more opaque) buttons (Windows default)
1 – Darker text shadows, lighter (more translucent) buttons (for lighter backgrounds)
2 – No text shadows, opaque buttons (for darker backgrounds)
4. That's it. Now you can see the modified text and button set at login screen.
NOTE: If you want a ready-made registry script to do the task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and run the desired REG file:
PS: If you want to use a free tool to customize Windows 7 login screen, check following list:
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Guide] Things To Do After Installing Windows 10
- Hidden Secret Trick to Reboot Google Android Mobile Phones into Safe Mode
- Watch Full Bollywood Blockbuster Movies Online For Free on YouTube and Yahoo! MoviePlex
- Windows 10 Upgrade Paths and List of Deprecated Features with Alternatives
- How to Remove or Uninstall 3rd Party Transformation Packs (or Skin Packs) in Windows?
- Registry Tweak to Add “Copy as Path” Option in Files and Folders Context Menu in Windows