In Windows Vista and 7 whenever you hover your mouse cursor over a Desktop icon, it shows a cool transparent rectangle over the icon. This kind of behavior is not found in XP but many XP users want this awesome effect in their OS.
Today we are going to share an awesome free tool which brings this cool mouse hover effect to XP.
"ViCon Remastered" is an excellent tool created by "MixenDixon" @ DA which allows you to put your desired icons at Desktop and provides the Vista and 7's mouse hover effect for them.
You just need to run the tool and it shows following interface:
You can also bring the above window by right-clicking on its System tray icon and select Settings option.
Four ready-made Desktop icons are already given to choose: Computer, Documents, Network and Recycle Bin which are the default Windows icons.
You can simply click on their respective buttons and then OK button to add them on Desktop. Once the icons are created at Desktop, all the icons will have the cool mouse hover effect just like Windows Vista and 7:
If you don't want to show the Windows default Desktop icons which don't have mouse hover rectangle, you can disable them by right-clicking on Desktop and uncheck "Arrange Icons By -> Show Desktop Icons" option.
If you want, you can add more desired icons at Desktop by clicking on the "Add" button in ViCon Settings window and select the path of your desired program's EXE file.
UPDATE: The official download link is no longer working so we have uploaded the utility at our server for your convenience. You can download it using following link:
If you want to completely transform your Windows XP into Vista including theme, boot screen, login screen, icons, etc, please follow following tutorial:
And to transform XP into Windows 7, visit following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows 7 Theme “SevenVG RTM” for Windows XP
- [Fix] Can’t Create Tasks to Display Messages in Windows 8 Task Scheduler
- Download Adobe Photoshop CS6 Free Beta
- [Tip] Add Secret “Hide File Names” Option in “View” Menu in Windows Vista and 7
- [FIX] Welcome Screen (or Login Screen) is Displayed for 30 Seconds If a Solid Color is Set as Desktop Background in Windows 7
- [FIX] Cannot Install New Fonts in Windows, “Install New Fonts” Command Missing from File Menu