NOTE: According to the developer, due to use of UPX compression some antivirus programs might throw virus warning for this app. There is no need to worry, its false positive.
If you are using Windows Vista or 7 and your graphics card supports Aero, then you must be enjoying the transparent windows having glass in their borders. The one and only thing which doesn't match with the new Aero interface is "Command Prompt" window.
Microsoft has not changed anything in the Command Prompt window. Its same since ages. Many people use Command Prompt regularly. Wouldn't it be great if we can somehow make the Command Prompt window transparent and have glass in it?
Here your wish comes true. Our friend "komalo" has developed a very small AutoIt script which runs in background and enables glass in all command prompt windows.
Following is a screenshot of Command Prompt window having glass:
As you can see it looks awesome. You can download the script using following link:
Download the RAR file and extract it using WinRAR or 7-Zip. Now run the EXE file and open Command Prompt. It'll have the glass automatically. So start enjoying it now...
PS: To remove the glass, simply close the EXE file from its system tray icon.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Revealing 3 Hidden Secret Modes in Google Android Mobile Phones
- iKill: Another Tool to Remove Suspicious “Autorun.inf” Files from USB Drives
- How to Launch Command Prompt or Other Programs Using “Ease of Access” Button at Login Screen in Windows Vista and 7?
- ViStart: Best Free Start Menu Alternative for Windows
- Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) Preloads Websites Content in Background to Optimize Performance
- Get Windows 7 “Show Desktop” Taskbar Icon in Windows XP and Windows Vista