NOTE: According to the developer, due to use of UPX compression some antivirus programs might throw virus warning for this app. There is no need to worry, its false positive.
If you are using Windows Vista or 7 and your graphics card supports Aero, then you must be enjoying the transparent windows having glass in their borders. The one and only thing which doesn't match with the new Aero interface is "Command Prompt" window.
Microsoft has not changed anything in the Command Prompt window. Its same since ages. Many people use Command Prompt regularly. Wouldn't it be great if we can somehow make the Command Prompt window transparent and have glass in it?
Here your wish comes true. Our friend "komalo" has developed a very small AutoIt script which runs in background and enables glass in all command prompt windows.
Following is a screenshot of Command Prompt window having glass:
As you can see it looks awesome. You can download the script using following link:
Download the RAR file and extract it using WinRAR or 7-Zip. Now run the EXE file and open Command Prompt. It'll have the glass automatically. So start enjoying it now...
PS: To remove the glass, simply close the EXE file from its system tray icon.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Get Windows 7 “Show Desktop” Taskbar Icon in Windows XP and Windows Vista
- Did You Know You can Move Taskbar Buttons in Windows 7 and Later?
- How to Fix Annoying Folder View Type Problem in Windows Vista and Later?
- Get Windows Vista Style System Properties in Windows XP
- How to Remove nVidia, Intel or Other Display Driver Entries from Desktop Context Menu in Windows?
- Ultimate Collection of Best Free Partition Manager Software for Windows