[FIX] Windows 7 Deletes All System Restore Points Upon Reboot
Many times Windows 7 users face a strange problem. Whenever they restart their Windows 7 computer, all System Restore points are deleted by Windows automatically. It doesn't matter whether the System Restore point was created by Windows or by the user, Windows deletes all System Restore points upon reboot.
The good thing is that Microsoft has acknowledged this bug. This issue occurs if the system paging file is highly fragmented. Microsoft has provided a working solution to fix this annoying problem. The fix includes disabling, deleting and then recreating paging file in Windows.
If you are also facing this issue in Windows 7, you can fix it using following simple steps:
1. Right-click on Computer icon on Desktop and select Properties (or press WIN + Pause/Break keys). Now click on Advanced system settings link in left side pane (You can open it directly by giving sysdm.cpl command in RUN or start menu search box). Now click on Settings button in Performance section.
2. Now go to Advanced tab and click on Change... button under Virtual memory section.
3. Uncheck "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" option if enabled.
4. Now select C: drive from the list and select the radio button labelled 'No paging file', then click the Set button.
5. Click Ok button and reboot your system.
6. After restart, delete 'pagefile.sys' from the root of C: drive. Please note that pagefile.sys is a hidden file and is not visible until you set the folder option to view hidden files.
7. Defragment C: drive by providing defrag /h c: command in Command Prompt.
8. Re-enable the paging file by following steps 1-3 above.
9. After selecting drive C: in the list, select the radio button for 'System managed size' and click Set.
10. Click Ok button and reboot your system.
That's it. It'll fix the automatic deletion of System Restore point problem in Windows 7.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Solution] Control Panel, Welcome Center or Games are not Opening in Windows Vista
- How to Customize Thumbnail Preview Border for Images and Videos in Windows Explorer?
- [Tip] How to Disable All WIN+ Keyboard Shortcuts (Hotkeys) in Windows?
- How to Access “Advanced Appearance Settings” Option and Change Font Size, Color in Windows 8 and Later?
- [Solution] How to Fix “Orkut.com, YouTube.com and Mozilla Firefox is Banned in Your System” Error in Windows?
- Mozilla Firefox Update Channels: Nightly, Aurora, Developer, Beta and Release