When you try to install Microsoft Office 2010 in Windows XP, you might get following error message:
Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error(s):
The installation of Microsoft Office 2010 requires that MSXML version 6.10.1129.0 should be installed on your computer. Install the component and re-run the setup. Correct the issue(s) and re-run the setup.
To fix the issue, you can follow any of following solutions:
Download and install Windows XP SP3 from here. SP3 contains MSXML, so it'll fix your problem.
If you can't download and install SP3, you can manually download and install MSXML using this link.
If the above solutions don't work for you, do as following:
1. Type regedit in RUN or start menu search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. Right-click on win32 key and select Permissions.
4. Now select your username and provide Full Control to it.
5. After that in right-side pane, change value of (Default) to following:
NOTE: Here C: is system drive where Windows is installed in your system. If you have installed Windows in any other drive, change C: to that drive letter.
After following any of above mentioned solutions, re-run Office 2010 setup and now it should work without any problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Access and Use Windows 8 Metro Boot Loader and Advanced Boot Options?
- Google Releases Full Standalone Offline Windows Installer (MSI) for Chrome
- [Direct Download Links] Download Genuine Windows Vista RTM with SP1 Setup Files (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Win32 Disk Imager: Write Any Bootable Image to USB Drive in Windows
- Registry Tweak to Decrease Window Border Size and Padding in Windows 8
- Will Your PC Run Windows Vista? Check Yourself Using Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor