When you try to install Microsoft Office 2010 in Windows XP, you might get following error message:
Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error(s):
The installation of Microsoft Office 2010 requires that MSXML version 6.10.1129.0 should be installed on your computer. Install the component and re-run the setup. Correct the issue(s) and re-run the setup.
To fix the issue, you can follow any of following solutions:
Download and install Windows XP SP3 from here. SP3 contains MSXML, so it'll fix your problem.
If you can't download and install SP3, you can manually download and install MSXML using this link.
If the above solutions don't work for you, do as following:
1. Type regedit in RUN or start menu search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. Right-click on win32 key and select Permissions.
4. Now select your username and provide Full Control to it.
5. After that in right-side pane, change value of (Default) to following:
NOTE: Here C: is system drive where Windows is installed in your system. If you have installed Windows in any other drive, change C: to that drive letter.
After following any of above mentioned solutions, re-run Office 2010 setup and now it should work without any problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Get Windows 7 “Show Desktop” Taskbar Icon in Windows XP and Windows Vista
- Download Panda Cloud Free Antivirus 2.0
- Collection of Useful Stylish Scripts to Customize Mozilla Firefox UI
- Download Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Windows 7 System Requirements
- [Guide] How to Upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8, Windows 7, XP and Vista?