Registry Tweak to Enable / Activate Aero Glass Theme in Windows Vista and Windows 7 Home Basic Editions
We all know that the new Aero glass theme is not provided in Windows Vista and Windows 7 Home Basic Editions. All other Windows editions come this new cool glassy interface. Microsoft has removed the Aero theme from these basic editions.
But there is a registry trick available to enable the Aero glass theme in Windows Vista and Windows 7 Home Basic editions. You can check following screenshot showing Aero glass UI in Windows Vista Home Basic edition:
If you are using these Windows editions and want to enable Aero UI, check out following simple steps:
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. In right-side pane, change value of "Composition" to 1 and "CompositionPolicy" to 2. If you don't see the keys, create them manually using right-click options.
4. Restart your system and you'll be able to select the Aero theme from Desktop Properties.
PS: If you want a ready-made Registry script to do the whole task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and run the extracted .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it:
NOTE: Your system must meet the minimum requirements to run Aero interface in Windows Vista and Windows 7.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Restore Uninstall Confirmation Prompt Box in Windows Vista and Later?
- How to Change Email Storage Location in Windows Live Mail
- Mosaic: Get Windows 8 Style Live Tiles with Metro UI on Windows XP, Vista and 7 Desktop
- Download Bitdefender Total Security 2013 Free Public Beta
- Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) Build Information
- [Review] Samsung Galaxy S6 with Google Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update