Disable the New AwesomeBar and Get Classic Addressbar Back in Mozilla Firefox
If you use Mozilla Firefox 3.0 or later, you might be aware of the new awesomebar (redesigned addressbar):
It shows the URL as well as the title of all auto-complete entries. If you don't like this new redesigned addressbar and want to get the old styled addressbar like Firefox 2.0:
Then here is a solution for you. You just need an extension "Oldbar" which can make the new awesomebar look like the old addressbar.
Download the extension using following link:
Install it and restart your browser. Now enjoy the good old addressbar in Firefox 3.0 or later.
PS: It doesn't change the functionality of awesomebar. It just changes the look.
If you want to disable the auto-complete feature of new addressbar or want to increase/decrease the no. of auto-complete entires, then visit following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Registry Tweak to Change Message Store Folder in Windows Live Mail Email Client
- How to Modify or Disable ScanDisk Timeout Value on Windows Startup?
- How to Merge / Combine Multiple E-mail Accounts into One in Windows Live Mail
- [Tip] Disable Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) Upgrade Notification in Windows 7
- Portable Start Menu: Organize Your Programs on a USB Drive
- How to Use Windows 8 Developer Preview for One More Year?