Customize “Use Default Homepage” Button URL in Internet Explorer Options
We all know that we can change Homepage URL in Internet Explorer using Internet Options window. Simply click on Tools -> Internet Options and type the desired URL in given textbox.
Internet Explorer also allows you to set a blank page or current page as Homepage using the same Internet Options window.
Did you ever try using "Use default" button given in Internet Options window? When you click on it, it sets the homepage to Microsoft's own URL.
In this tutorial, we'll tell you how to change this built-in URL. So that you can assign a custom URL to this "Use default" button. It might be very useful for administrators who want to set the button URL to their company website.
So without wasting time, here we start our tutorial:
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box or Start menu Search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. In right-side pane, change value of Default_Page_URL to your desired URL.
4. That's it. Now whenever a user clicks on "Use default" button in Internet Options window, it'll set the IE homepage to your pre-defined URL.
PS: If you want a ready-made registry script to do the task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and run the extracted REG file:
By default, the above registry script assigns AskVG.com URL to "Use default" button. You can change it by editing .REG file in Notepad and replace the URL with your desired one.
Posted in: Internet Explorer
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Remove or Disable “Java Console” Option in Internet Explorer’s View Menu?
- Download Adobe Photoshop CS6 Free Beta
- Get Windows 7 Look-Like Calculator in Windows XP and Vista
- [Windows 8 SKU Editions] Comparison Between Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Enterprise and Windows RT
- Windows 8.1 Upgrade Paths and Pricing Details
- How to Get Classic Old Interface Back in Google Search Pages?