Download Windows XP and Windows 7 Look-Like Linux Distributions
If you are a Windows XP or Windows 7 user and want to give Linux a try but you are too much worried about the new GUI, here is an excellent solution for you.
Today we are going to share 2 interesting Linux distributions which look like Windows XP and Windows 7 operating systems.
Ylmf OS is a free, fast, safe and stable Linux distribution. Its a great Linux operating system for study, work, net surfing or entertainment use. It comes with Windows XP style user interface.
- Based on Ubuntu 10.04
- Comes with OpenOffice suite 3.2
- Provides classic Windows XP UI
- You can run Windows applications with Wine
- SMPlayer & Audacious music players preinstalled
- Firefox web browser included
Download Link: ylmf.org
Thanks to our reader "Sumeet Kukreja" for sharing it...
"Zorin OS" is an excellent Linux operating system which has been developed specifically for Windows users who want to switch to Linux but want to get a similar user experience. It is based on Ubuntu which is the most popular Linux distribution.
Zorin OS comes with Windows 7 style interface. You can also change the Desktop theme with other available interfaces.
It also comes with a unique Look Changer program which allows users to customize the user interface quickly and easily. Other interesting programs include Splash Screen Manager, Internet Browser Manager and Background Plus. It also lets you change your desktop to look-like Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X or Linux (GNOME).
You can download it using following link:
Thanks to our reader "Christian" for sharing it...
Posted in: Software
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Best Free Alternatives to Windows Task Manager
- Download Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- Get Transparent Context Menus in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- [Windows 7 Fix] Deleting 1000+ Files in a Single Batch Deletes them Permanently and doesn’t Put them in Recycle Bin
- [Software Update] Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) 4.9.0218.0 Now Available for Download
- How to Disable “Speed up Browsing by Disabling Add-ons” Popup Notification Message in Internet Explorer?