UPDATE: This freeware is also available to enable Aero glass transparency in Windows 8.1.
Yesterday we posted a tutorial to enable stable transparency in Windows 8 as Microsoft has removed the Aero glass transparency from its new OS. Our tutorial told you how to enable a perfect transparency effect but without blur or reflection effects in Windows 8. You can read more about this tutorial at following link:
The above tutorial requires some manual work and a free software to get the things done. First we enable the unstable transparency in Windows 8 using a manual method and then we use a 3rd party software to make the unstable transparency stable. But this procedure can't provide Windows 7 style blur and reflection effects in Windows 8. You just get the transparency in windows which is too clear and sometimes causes difficulties in concentrating on the active window.
Today in this topic we are going to share a free program "Aero Glass for Windows 8" which can bring back Windows 7 style Aero glass transparency with blur, reflection and shadow effects in Windows 8.
The best thing about this freeware is that it is completely integrated into Desktop Window Manager (DWM) service which is the main Windows component responsible for transparency and other eye candy effects. This utility doesn't break any system protection feature and doesn't modify any system file.
It performs all rendering using native Direct3D device. You can use the built-in color intensity slider in personalization window to adjust the amount of transparency.
Its also very low on system resources as it tries to utilize all default DWM resources as much as possible which minimizes RAM usage. It doesn't run any background service.
- Apply Aero glass look to windows borders
- Blur the content behind the borders to improve UI experience
- Change amount of transparency in Control panels directly
- Change inactive windows borders color
- Skin windows borders (add glow, shadows etc.) without changing Windows theme
- Fully native including MSStyle themes and DWM API compatibility
- Low resources usage
If you are interested and want to get Aero glass transparency in Windows 8 and 8.1, you can download it using following link:
Its available for both 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows 8 and 8.1.
Also check out:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Add “Network Connections” Folder in My Computer Window?
- [Software Update] Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) Now Available for Download for Windows 7 Users
- Play Popular Game “Angry Birds” on Any Website Using Your Web Browser
- Get Windows 8 Look-Like Metro Task Manager in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- How to Show Windows 8 Developer Preview Watermark (Build Number Info) on Windows 7 Desktop?
- Revealing Hidden Secret Service Menu in Dish TV DTH Set Top Box