Yesterday we posted a tutorial to enable stable transparency in Windows 8 as Microsoft has removed the Aero glass transparency from its new OS. Our tutorial told you how to enable a perfect transparency effect but without blur or reflection effects in Windows 8. You can read more about this tutorial at following link:
The above tutorial requires some manual work and a free software to get the things done. First we enable the unstable transparency in Windows 8 using a manual method and then we use a 3rd party software to make the unstable transparency stable. But this procedure can't provide Windows 7 style blur and reflection effects in Windows 8. You just get the transparency in windows which is too clear and sometimes causes difficulties in concentrating on the active window.
Today in this topic we are going to share a free program "Aero Glass for Windows 8" which can bring back Windows 7 style Aero glass transparency with blur, reflection and shadow effects in Windows 8.
The best thing about this freeware is that it is completely integrated into Desktop Window Manager (DWM) service which is the main Windows component responsible for transparency and other eye candy effects. This utility doesn't break any system protection feature and doesn't modify any system file.
It performs all rendering using native Direct3D device. You can use the built-in color intensity slider in personalization window to adjust the amount of transparency.
Its also very low on system resources as it tries to utilize all default DWM resources as much as possible which minimizes RAM usage. It doesn't run any background service.
- Apply Aero glass look to windows borders
- Blur the content behind the borders to improve UI experience
- Change amount of transparency in Control panels directly
- Change inactive windows borders color
- Skin windows borders (add glow, shadows etc.) without changing Windows theme
- Fully native including MSStyle themes and DWM API compatibility
- Low resources usage
If you are interested and want to get Aero glass transparency in Windows 8, you can download it using following link:
Its available for both 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows 8. Also an experimental build is available for Windows 8.1 users.
Also check out:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Internet Explorer 10 (IE10) Preview for Windows 7 Coming in November 2012
- Download Windows 8 “Aero Lite with Glass” Theme for Windows 7
- Download Windows 8 Boot Screen for Windows XP
- Start8: Get Start Button (ORB) and Classic Start Menu Back, Load Desktop on Login and Disable Hot Spots in Windows 8
- Download “The Suffering” Game Full Version Absolutely FREE
- Put Aero Glass Effect in Command Prompt in Windows Vista and 7