XLaunchpad: Download Free Portable Tool to Get Mac OS X Lion “Launchpad” in Windows
We all know about "Launchpad" program which comes with Mac OS X Lion. Launchpad is an application launcher which provides iOS like home screen in Mac OS X.
Today we are going to share yet another freeware which tries to mimic Launchpad functionality.
"XLaunchpad" is a new software which provides Mac OS X Lion's "Launchpad" like functionality and UI in Windows OS.
This new tool is absolutely free and portable so you don't need to install it. Simply download the RAR file, extract it and run the EXE file and get ready to enjoy Launchpad in Windows.
Following is a screenshot of this tool in action:
Once you run the tool, it shows the Launchpad like interface at your Desktop. If you click on Desktop or Taskbar, it disappears. To show it again you can use the default hotkey "F12" or double-click on its icon present in system tray (notification area) of Taskbar.
You can add many built-in shortcuts like Computer, Music, Pictures, etc by right-clicking and selecting "Add" option. You can also add any desired program shortcut or file/folder using "Add->File" or "Add->Folder" option in context menu. You can also drag-n-drop file/folder to add it to the screen. Or you can can drag-n-drop one shortcut onto another shortcut to create a new folder.
It also allows you to customize number of icons to show per row, number of rows to show per page, distance between rows, size of icons, margins and much more. You can change all these things using its Settings.
This software is highly customizable and very low on system resources.
It can be used in Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
You can download it using following link:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Bug] Taskbar Context Menu won’t Close in Windows 7, 8 and 8.1
- Add “Change Wallpaper”, “Change Theme” and Other Useful Shortcuts in Windows Vista and Later Desktop Context Menu
- [Tip] How to Show More Apps with Small Icons in Windows 8.1 Apps Screen
- How to Enable “Inline AutoComplete” Feature in Windows Explorer and Run Dialog Box?
- Simple Patch to Enable / Activate Aero Glass Theme in Windows Vista Home Basic Edition
- [All About Mozilla Firefox] Get Good Old Things Back, Customize New Things and Reveal Hidden Secret Stuff