X-Ray: Freeware to Automatically Submit Suspicious Files to Antivirus Companies for Free Scan
Almost all Windows users install a free or paid antivirus program in their system for security purposes. But no antivirus program is perfect and if a new virus or spyware is developed, the antivirus program can't detect it until its virus definition is updated to identify it.
Apart from antivirus programs, people also use online virus scanners like VirusTotal, etc to scan a suspicious file. You can get more information about these free online virus scanners in following article:
Wouldn't it be great if you could directly send a suspicious file for free analysis to 30+ antivirus companies using a free software and without going to every single site or sending multiple emails to antivirus companies?
"X-Ray" is a free and portable software created by our friend Raymond which helps you in automatically send suspicious files to almost all popular antivirus companies like Avast, AVG, Avira, Bitdefender, ESET, F-Secure, Kaspersky, McAfee, Microsoft, Panda, Symantec, etc. You just need to select the file, select the desired antivirus company from the given list and click on a button to send the file for free analysis.
You can also scan the suspicious file using Virus Total directly within the software.
- Automatically submit files to 31 different antivirus companies
- Change submission method for a particular antivirus from Settings
- Retrieve latest scan report from VirusTotal
- Send file to VirusTotal for scanning
- Two methods of sending files to VirusTotal (Email and API)
- Automatic failover when chosen method for sending suspicious files to VirusTotal fails
- Copying MD5 hash and results to clipboard via right click context menu
- History (VirusTotal detection report and Analysis Submission date & time)
- Support Windows XP/Vista/7 (32bit & 64bit)
- Freeware (no spyware or adware embedded)
You can download it using following link:
Posted in: Software
Other similar articles that may interest you
- John Background Switcher: Download Free Desktop Background Slide Show Software for Windows
- [Tip] How to Add and Keep Speed Dials in Android’s Stock Phone Dialer App
- How to Customize the Places Bar in Common File Dialog Box in Microsoft Office Using Registry?
- [Direct Download Links] Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) Build
- [Tip] Enable New “Translator Bubble UI” in Google Chrome
- Get Windows 7 “Desktop Background Slide Show” Feature in XP and Vista Using Microsoft Official “Winter Fun Wallpaper Changer” Powertoy