[Windows Tip] Disable Delay Time in Launching Startup Programs
SUMMARY: This tutorial will tell you about a Registry tweak to disable a few seconds delay time in launching startup programs in Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10.
This article has been written and shared by our reader "Mehul".
In Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, when your computer starts and Windows loads the Desktop, all startup items launch is delayed by a few seconds. This feature was introduced in Windows 8 and is still present in Windows 10. The startup programs launch with some delay so that Windows can start all essential system processes without any issue. Once all system services are loaded, Windows starts launching startup programs.
Although its a nice feature but if you want, you can disable this startup delay feature so that all your startup programs can launch faster along with other services and processes.
Today in this tutorial, we are going to share a small Registry tweak which will help you in disabling the startup delay time so that all startup programs can launch instantly with Windows Desktop.
If you also want to remove the delay time in startup programs launch, follow these simple steps:
1. Press WIN+R keys together to launch RUN dialog box. Now type regedit in RUN and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. Under Explorer key, create a new key and set its name as Serialize
4. Now select Serialize key and in right-side pane, create a new DWORD StartupDelayInMSec and set its value to 0 to disable startup delay time.
5. Close Registry Editor and restart your computer to take effects.
Now you should notice some improvements in the launching of startup programs. All programs which are set to start with Windows, should now launch faster than before.
PS: If you are not familiar with Registry editing and want a ready-made Registry script to do the task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and run the extracted REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Customize Mozilla Firefox Menu Button Options Using Personal Menu (Personal Firefox Button) Extension
- Download Free Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Plus, Visio 2013 and Project 2013 60-Day Trial Versions
- Create Bootable USB Drive or DVD of Windows Setup Using “Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool” from Microsoft
- How to Change Lock Screen Background Image in Windows 8 and Later
- Adobe Providing Photoshop CS2 and Other Products Free for Download? Not Really!!!
- How to Enable Smooth Scrolling Feature in Opera Web Browser?