[Windows Fix] “Sharing” Tab Missing in Folder Properties and Context Menu
Recently an AskVG reader "BAPPY" contacted us regarding following problem:
Hi ! I'm using Windows 8.1. Sharing Tab is missing in Folder Properties and also missing in context menus. I tried some solution like registry option and cmd, but nothing works. Please help me.
Sometimes you may also face this problem. If you open a folder properties, you notice that "Sharing" tab is not showing in the properties window. Also if you right-click on a folder, you'll not find "Share with" option in the context menu.
This problem may occur in any Windows version. In this tutorial, we are going to share a few solutions to fix this annoying issue:
SOLUTION 1: Start Required Services if Stopped
Most of the times, this problem occurs if the "Server" and "Security Accounts Manager" services are not running in Windows. You can check whether these service are running or not in your computer using following steps:
1. First of all open Services Manager using services.msc command in RUN dialog box / search box or by using other methods as mentioned in STEP 1 of following tutorial:
2. Now scroll down and look for Server and Security Accounts Manager services. If any or both of these services are not running, double-click on both services one by one and make sure "Automatic" is selected in Startup type drop-down box. Also right-click on the service and select Start option to immediately start the service.
Now check folder properties and context menu and "Sharing" option will re-appear without any problem.
SOLUTION 2: Fix Using Registry Editor
If the above mentioned method doesn't work, try following steps:
1. Press WIN+R keys together to launch RUN dialog box. Now type regedit in RUN box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. In right-side pane, double-click on forceguest DWORD and set its value to 0
Now restart your computer and it should fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Enable New 2-Step Verification Security Mechanism in Google Accounts?
- [Start Screen] How to Pin, Resize, Move, Close or Uninstall Metro App Tiles in Windows 8 and Later?
- Microsoft Confirms Existence of App Store in Windows 8
- Google Launches New Social Network “Google+”
- Start Menu Will Make a Comeback in Next Windows Version
- Things I Don’t Like in Mozilla Firefox 4.0