Windows 7 and Windows 8 Taskbar Context Menu Bug
UPDATE: A similar bug has also been found in Windows 7. More details are given at the end of this topic.
This is the first bug found in Microsoft's upcoming OS Windows 8. Thanks to AskVG reader "Uewd" for finding and sharing it with us.
Let us tell you it's not a big bug. It doesn't cause any noticeable problem but at the end it's a bug so it must be fixed by Windows team in the RTM version of Windows 8.
This bug appears while right-clicking on Taskbar in a certain condition. Following are the steps to re-create it:
1. First right-click on a pinned item in Windows 8 Taskbar or right-click on a running program's button in Taskbar. It'll open the jumplist for that program.
2. Now right-click on empty area in Taskbar and get ready to see the bug.
3. The context menu (right-click menu) will appear behind the Taskbar and some part of the context menu will hide behind the Taskbar as shown in following screenshot:
The most interesting thing is that you'll be able to click on that hidden part. Once you exit from the context menu, it leaves a white mark in Taskbar which can be removed by refreshing the Desktop.
This thing doesn't happen in any previous Windows version and we hope Microsoft will fix it in Windows 8 RTM version.
Following video demonstrates the whole bug live in action:
Windows 7 also contains a similar bug. The difference is that you'll need to right-click on Start ORB instead of Taskbar in 2nd step. You can watch following video to see this bug live in action:
Thanks to AskVG reader "Michael Crabtree" for sharing it...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Remove Annoying Focus Rectangle Around Buttons and Other Items in Windows?
- PlacesBar Editor: Customize Default Places Bar in Common File Dialog Box in Windows and Office
- [Windows Fix] “Sharing” Tab Missing in Folder Properties and Context Menu
- Windows Live Messenger Going to Close on March 15, 2013, Upgrade to Skype Now
- How to Move Menubar to Top in Internet Explorer (IE7 and IE8)?
- How to Enable Missing Hibernate Option in Windows 8 Power Menu?