Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 System Requirements
NOTE: Windows 8.1 system requirements are same as Windows 8.
As we know Microsoft has released Windows 8 final RTM version to public and a free 90-day trial version of Windows 8 RTM can also be downloaded using following link:
If you are planning to install it but are not sure whether your system is capable to install it or not, don't worry! If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7 in your system, your system will also support Windows 8 without any problem.
For those who want to know the system requirements, following are the official system requirements for Windows 8/8.1:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- HDD: 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics Card: DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Taking advantage of touch input requires a screen that supports multi-touch
- To run Modern (Metro) apps, you need a screen resolution of 1024x768 or greater
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366x768
- To use secure boot feature the firmware should support UEFI v2.3.1 Errata B and should have the Microsoft Windows Certification Authority in the UEFI signature database
If you don't want to install Windows 8 in your system but want to test its new features, you can install it in a virtualization software. It'll not install Windows 8 in your system and will not affect your already installed OS. It'll install it virtually. Check out following article which contains instructions for installing Windows 8 in Virtual Box:
Posted in: Windows 8 / 8.1
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows 8 Updates to Fix Advanced Startup Option Issues and Improve Windows Defender Performance
- How to Get Mac OS or Linux Style Font Smoothing in Windows?
- Download Official Microsoft SkyDrive App for Windows, Mac and Mobile Phones
- How to Pin “God Mode” Shortcut to Taskbar in Windows 7 and Later?
- Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14926 Available for Download
- UAC Tweak: Small Utility to Tweak UAC (User Account Control) Settings in Windows