Windows 8 Start Screen Search Page Bug
As we all know Microsoft has released a Release Preview (Release Candidate) build of Windows 8 to public which can be downloaded absolutely free using following link:
Since Windows 8 is under development and the final RTM version will be released later this year, you might face problems and bugs in the current Release Preview build.
One AskVG reader "Uewd" has found a weird bug in Windows 8 which can be recreated in both 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows 8. This bug occurs when you try to search for an app using "Search" option of Charms Bar.
If you want to know more about this bug or want to recreate this bug in your Windows 8 system, please follow these simple steps:
1. Move your mouse cursor to top-right corner to show Charms Bar. Once you get access to Charms Bar, click on Search option.
2. It'll open All Apps page and the search box will be activated waiting for your input.
3. Now type any program's EXE file name such as iexplore, calc, explorer, etc.
4. When you'll type the EXE file name, the "Apps" section below the search box will show the correct number of result. For example, when you'll search for iexplore, the "Apps" section will show 1 result.
So what's the bug? Just click on "Settings" or "Files" section given below the "Apps" section and get ready to see the bug. As soon as you click on any of them, the result count of "Apps" section will increase by 1. In our iexplore example, when you'll click on "Settings" or "Files" section, the result count of "Apps" section will become 2.
5. Now again click on "Apps" section and you'll be surprised to see that the result count will reset to 1. Again click on "Settings" or "Files" section and the result count of "Apps" section will become 2.
That's really weird. You can check out following video to see the bug live in action:
Posted in: Windows 8 / 8.1
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Remove Annoying “Safe To Remove Hardware” Message Box in Windows Vista?
- How to Pin Computer, Recycle Bin & Other Useful Shortcuts to Taskbar in Windows 7 and Later
- New “AWESOME” Easter Egg Found in YouTube Website
- [Fix] Can’t Select Windows 10 Pro Edition During Clean Installation
- How to Fix “Task Manager has been Disabled by your Administrator” Problem in Windows?
- Stratiform: Add-on to Customize Mozilla Firefox UI