Windows 8 Start Menu Toggle: Free Utility to Toggle Between New Start Screen and Old Start Menu
Windows 8 Developer Preview build doesn't come with old Windows Vista and 7 style Start menu. Microsoft has replaced Start menu with new Start Screen in Windows 8.
We shared a small registry tweak to enable the classic start menu and disable new Start screen in following tutorial:
If you don't want to edit the Windows registry manually, here in this topic we are going to share a free and very small utility which will allow you to toggle between new Start screen and old Start menu quickly and easily.
"Windows 8 Start Menu Toggle" is a free and portable tool created by our friend "Solo-Dev" @ DA. This free utility allows you to switch between classic start menu and new Start screen by just a single click on a big button.
It does the same thing mentioned in the above tutorial. It modifies the Registry and changes the value of DWORD. Remember that it'll also disable new Metro UI and Explorer ribbon UI.
You can download it using following link:
PS: You can also check out following useful articles to enable Start Menu and Start button in Windows 8:
- How to Enable Good Old Start Button (ORB) and Start Menu in Windows 8?
- Get Start Button (ORB) and Classic Start Menu Back in Windows 8 Using Classic Shell
- Start8: Download Freeware to Get Start Button (ORB) and Start Menu Back in Windows 8
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Reclaim Free Space by Removing Old Windows Updates Files in Windows 7, 8 and 8.1
- Download Windows 8 Aero Lite (Basic) Themes and Skins Pack for Windows XP
- [BSNL DataOne Tip] Check Data Usage or Add Extra GB to Your Broadband Plan
- 5 Easy Ways to Remove Ribbon from Windows 8 and 8.1 Explorer
- [Fix] Can’t Open Bing, MSN, Outlook or Other Microsoft Websites in Windows 10
- Vistalizator: Change Display Language in All Windows Vista and 7 Editions